question on a k&b 3.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff246

Hello, I have a k&b 3.5, I believe it is an 8906....when its running is it normal for fuel to come out where the exhaust goes into the lower unit? I keep ending up with a little puddle of fuel and that's where it seems to be coming from. Thanks.

Find an O ring that will fit snug around the outside of the exhaust header. This will seal the header against the opening in the lower. This will also make the engine easier to needle. I did it to mine and it made a difference.

Hello, I have a k&b 3.5, I believe it is an 8906....when its running is it normal for fuel to come out where the exhaust goes into the lower unit? I keep ending up with a little puddle of fuel and that's where it seems to be coming from. Thanks.

if its stock, the exhaust oil lubricates the prop shaft through a small hole that is in the exhaust.... if the oil is dripping off of the skeg than thats where its coming from and this is normal....

alden

ok, cool...i'll try the o-ring. i haven't been able to get the needle set right yet, its got the black carb

Back