question for Mike Z. & villian owners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:question for Mike Z. & villian owners

There is a trick to it, you can not use the stock contours,

its around 1/4 " short on the transom doubler if you extend the front cut forward on the nose till it fits,

Depending on your setup you may have to modify the transom supports and radio box height to fit the shorter slimmer cowl.

Gene ;D

Same shot different angle:

cowl2a.jpg

You can see how much further the cut is in to the nose section.

Gene ;D

Its cool Dude, the Villain is full of tricks ;)

Gene ;D

Hi All,I would like to set up a Villian for electric on 12 cells.

On my Bandit Killer I used an Aveox on 12 cells swinging a m447 prop but it seems you are all using much smaller 3 blade props.Will a smaller prop give less handling problems?

I have been told that a tunnel runs best with the prop hub set at center of the sponson bottoms,And that a non lifting prop is prefered

Also is the stock dyhedral ok for an electric.

Would a DPI 7.5 cowel work?

Dennis,

I'd think the Villain would work fine for 12 cell electric tunnel. Don't know why you'd want to put a 7.5 DPI cowl on it, the kit comes with a cowl. Maybe you just want it to look different.

Most of the Villains are running with modified X1440s or X440s. I don't know of too many running three blade props, but maybe some are. A large diameter prop can cause torque problems with a tunnel hull.

Jerry Dunlap

Oops sorry Jerry,I picked up some how that you had to buy a cowl.Do you agree with the prop hub center line being even with the bottom of the sponsons.A pleasure corasponding with you Jerry,I have read a lot of your articles over the years.Thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back