Scale Driver question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHerzog

Supporting Member
I just got this scale driver figure in from Rattlesnake RC and was wondering if anyone had any good tips on painting / fuel proofing it. It will be going in a gas boat, not a nitro boat so I need the paint to hold up to gasoline/C12 that sort of thing and not particularly nitro.
Yes I know, this is not the painting forum but I figured you guys would be more dialed in to what I’m looking for then a how to paint my boat guy.

With that said, would Testers (model paint) be ok with some kind of flat clear over it or is there something better?
Also while I’m asking, what is a good adhesive to use to glue the head onto the body?
Final question, what is the best way to attach the body to the cowl? Glue, screws, Velcro, double stick tape or is there something better?

Attachments

• B8CBBCB3-2D39-4A8B-92F9-8E3C93460908.jpeg
    B8CBBCB3-2D39-4A8B-92F9-8E3C93460908.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
I used Testors color and Klass kote clear for finish. I would use a 1/8 dowl pin to attach the head and your choice of glue. I made a base plate so steering wheel and figure became one piece. Attached to cowl with brass insert in figure and a 4-40 machine screw with washer.

Back