question for Mike Z. & villian owners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
question for Mike Z. & villian owners

Mike Z.,

Can you give me the length of the hot shot cowl that you use for the villian? The length from where the cowl hooks on the front of the boat (under the nose) to the back of the boat is what im looking for not from tip to tip. Do you sell these cowls? didnt see em on the site, just wondering. thanks ~ James

Re:question for Mike Z. & villian owners

Actually Jameson, these are Hotshot sprint 7.5 cowls, and they are available from dumas right off the web or phone. That little hook that you are looking for where the cowl actually rests on the hull is 20.25 inches (which is also the length of the tunnel). Give or take a little depending on how much the individual owner sands his Villain.

I recently bought a cowl. It costs about 22 bucks, and then add shipping. If you buy two, the shipping isn't any more than buying one.

P.S. the front of that cut starts about 5 1/8 from the tip of the cowl.

He[GRIM] was on most of the day. I emailed him asking about the cowls today, and he was out of them until next week or so . He's making another Villian run in a few weeks and will have plenty then.

TopFuel the shipping to S.C. is about 3.50 he said. Let me know and I will get them and have them when I pickup the engine. I plan on making a mold to make a glass one, so i dont have to buy them all the time. I feel sure i will brake a few !!!

Jeff, thanks for the dimensions, exactly what i was looking for. now that y9ou mentioned it I do remember Grim sayin that it was a 7.5 cowl.

Waterbug, thanks for the offer, are you planning on ordering a cowl from grim? If so, yeah get me one too, Ill just take the cost off the price of the engine if you want.

thanks for all of the replys

~ James

Ok TopFuel it's a done deal!!! I'll check with him next week and if he doesn't I'll keep on him. How soon do you need yours ? If its know I can get them from Dumas.

WOW

Thanks for covering my butt here.. I have been busy geting ready for the boat building party and getting the Ninjas ready to ship.

If you need one just email me and when i get them in i will ship asap.. P

Thanks again Iwaters gang.. ;D

Whew...missed that bullet.. ;D

Grim

hehehe, Its ok mike, we forgive you ;D .

waterbug, im not in hurry, I have a cowl that works just fine for now, other than the fact that its butt ugly. I can wait until Mike gets them in stock and get it when you get yours. thanks

~ James

P.S. Butch, we are having our first club race this weekend at the shriners pond if you want to make the trip. Itll probably end up being a test and tune session for those of us that are going to the st. pattys day splash in savananah on march 8&9. I just got my new hydro finished last night and am going to need a little water time before I go. open water starts at 12:00 on sunday.

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME :'( :'( My plans are still not here yet !!!!

That cowl looks as if it was designed to give downforce at speed, a modified Villian so to speak!!!

When ya compair the Dumas cowls there is a big difference:

cowl1.jpg

Hey Gener, I kinda like that 3.5 cowl.........hummmm.

thanks for the side-by-side shots that helps. the SAW boats looks fast just sittin there! you got any pics of the latest construction?

The pic of my cowl doesnt do justice, the thing is really wide and goofy looking in real life, I like a more scale appearance.

BTW the pipe configuration is working really well, other than the cables I used for the support, I had to go to threaded rod and used ball joints for the conection. just tapped them right into the pipe.......much more solid. picked up 4-6mph and can turn a pitched 640 with the Andy Brown pipe, and Herb Stewart told me this particular hull liked the extra weight on the backend, I thought he was nuts till I tried it.

~ James

Hey James,

Look at the height of the rear of the sponsons on those two pics you can see how much we took out on the V2.

Next pics will be after I do some more assembly and rigging. Glad your pipe mount is working well, I always like doin something different and see how it comes out.

Gene ;D

Whoa! That is quite a bit of difference now that you point it out. when will you be going for record?

~ James

Well I gotta see how the changes we made work out and some prop and pipe tweeking, but I think its capable of scarin the hell outta 65 mph, we'll see this spring ;)

Gene ;D

Straight outta the box uncut I think the 7.5 is longer, my 3.5 had already been cut to fit a Sprint and then reshaped to fit the Villain. Maybe Jerry D. can give us the exact length?

Gene ;D

O'L Jerry

Will the 3.5 cowl fit the D27 Sir ?? I like the 7.5 the best!!!!

I tried to fit one onto my Villain and it was about 2 or 3 inches too short. That was brand spankin' new.

Latest posts

Back