Pushing 100 RoadRunner Twin 90s VACs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll see what happens at the Fall Nats !!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif
Tom

there are races before the fall if you can pull yourself away from the pursuit of the green back.
You can't pull your self away unless you have found the Holy Grail to pay your bills and overhead !!(Millionaire Wife ) :D :D

Posted Today, 07:40 AM

Tom Foley, on 26 May 2010 - 05:34 AM, said:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif
Yes we sure will. B)

Don't count out all the Roadrunner boys using old technology Don ...still 6 laps in every heat no matter what your driving !! :D :D

Just wanted to share a pic of a prop I picked up.

I think this is what is meant by Parabolic rake.

David

Jeff, When you cup the tip`s of the prop you have changed the RAKE! You can add Progressive / Rake without bending the entire Blade on the prop !! I tweak my props for heat racing. I`am not a S A W Dude....... I normally bend on a spec heat racing props with the attempt to Turn as much RPM as Possible & Push the boat forward harder.... As you know you must have the Engine, Pipe, & Boat performing @ its max. Before you begin to tweak out the prop. Some know when they have reached the Limits of the boat. Todays modern engine have more Power & will turn BIG RPM with some Big cupped props. Now its time to figure out the combo`s Best Engine, Best pipe, Best pipe length, Then onto the Prop. Its a New Game in F Hydro Heat racing classes. I dont know if we can run 100 mph heat trim? But we can **** sure heat race in the mid 90`s. A 15lb Twin running 90 mph will get you attention. Now add another 7-8 boats out there @ the same time.
Joe, Progressive rake in the real world, is known as " Parabolic Rake". As Mark just mentioned above,true rake is designed from the beginning, and would have to be done at the hub. Just bending the tip would not fall into the "Parabolic Rake" category to me, or lets say mercury racing.Thats all I wanted to point out. See ya, Jeff
Well, I would like to see some new props with More (True Rake) & More COB Pitch . Before...... they were not needed... But, Todays Engines will allow it Without a Great loss of RPM. Untill then, We will contuine to bend the $#!^ out what we have.......

Here is My thoughts light weight x great = JAGUAR 3 and all else is drowned out by the jags water spray..................Dang im going to here it Now............................................... :D
it's OK to blow your own horn bob,it's good for the soul! :D

Jeff, When you cup the tip`s of the prop you have changed the RAKE! You can add Progressive / Rake without bending the entire Blade on the prop !! I tweak my props for heat racing. I`am not a S A W Dude....... I normally bend on a spec heat racing props with the attempt to Turn as much RPM as Possible & Push the boat forward harder.... As you know you must have the Engine, Pipe, & Boat performing @ its max. Before you begin to tweak out the prop. Some know when they have reached the Limits of the boat. Todays modern engine have more Power & will turn BIG RPM with some Big cupped props. Now its time to figure out the combo`s Best Engine, Best pipe, Best pipe length, Then onto the Prop. Its a New Game in F Hydro Heat racing classes. I dont know if we can run 100 mph heat trim? But we can **** sure heat race in the mid 90`s. A 15lb Twin running 90 mph will get you attention. Now add another 7-8 boats out there @ the same time.
Joe, Progressive rake in the real world, is known as " Parabolic Rake". As Mark just mentioned above,true rake is designed from the beginning, and would have to be done at the hub. Just bending the tip would not fall into the "Parabolic Rake" category to me, or lets say mercury racing.Thats all I wanted to point out. See ya, Jeff
Well, I would like to see some new props with More (True Rake) & More COB Pitch . Before...... they were not needed... But, Todays Engines will allow it Without a Great loss of RPM. Untill then, We will contuine to bend the $#!^ out what we have.......

Here is My thoughts light weight x great = JAGUAR 3 and all else is drowned out by the jags water spray..................Dang im going to here it Now............................................... :D
it's OK to blow your own horn bob,it's good for the soul! :D

I was just kidding around im a nobody but it was funny and the roadrunners are great boats have been for a long time.....

LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND ON YOUTUBE........!!!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D COULD THIS BE 94MPH!!

Sorry I can't get it to hyperlink.

Last edited by a moderator:
YEP!! YOU ARE Right...............Ya'll need some work getting through the corners!!

B) B)

DUDE................While it dose say Ya'll You know it was ment for the

"Double barrel sawed off BUCK SHOT!!" :lol: :eek: :D

And I will say it now................PICCO'S wraped in Black for Charleston, B) B)

DUDE................While it dose say Ya'll You know it was ment for the

"Double barrel sawed off BUCK SHOT!!" :lol: :eek: :D

And I will say it now................PICCO'S wraped in Black for Charleston, B) B)
PICCO's :lol: :lol:

It will be locked and loaded Chucky Boy, just make sure you don't blink. :)

Can't wait Guys!! From what is being said the TWIN Class is going to be worth the price.!!!

Kevlar #3 Vest for everyone!!! Bullets will be flying all over!!! :lol: :lol: :D B) :)

Mine may be small caliber but they will pack a punch like the BIG 50.!!!

July 1992, a hot Summer in Huntsville Ala.

Altitude: 600ft.

Density altitude: 2500ft. (meaning the air was not good.)

Event: IMPBA Internats

Class: F hydro S.A.W Time trials

Boat: Eagle twin

Engines: Picco Hydro 90's with MACS 15 cc pipes set at heat race length.

Props: ABC 67 X 114 Dia. 64mm Cup 5.8" Same props used for heat racing.(These props are 1667 copies)

Hull Set-up: Race trim, Race turnfin & rudder.

Result: One way pass of 91 mph with 89 mph average. New IMPBA F Hydro SAW record.

Heat racing results: 3rd place. 2nd place was another Eagle twin with a similar set-up.

My point? It doesn't take Huge overcupped props to run 90+ mph with a twin 90.

Good to see you pop in Andy, maybe you could show the boys how to crack 100? I know you can but will you be the next Twin Hydro speed freak................. Mike

Hey Mike!

May not do that at a race anytime soon, but I am just finishing up a race ready CMB 101 powered Twin SGX for a customer and I will be making a video.....So we will soon see.

P.S. Also setting it up for SAW at customers request, so there certainly be some triple digit passes.

Latest posts

Back