PT sport 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

How about a general CG for the sport 45 FE.Just want to figure were to put the bats.At present,I am 1 inch behind the sponson transom.Thanx

Sounds like you are close about the center of the turn fin. Even close to 19 wont hurt, unless the boat wont launch or nose dives.

You dont have the setup info? Here is the info in the setup

TRIMMING THE BOAT

The hull should balance about 17-18 inches from the transom without fuel. The ¾ inch strut center line depth is a good starting point. If the boat rides too light on the water, adjust the strut deeper. If the front sponson are running too hard on the water adjust the strut higher until the boat rides flat on the water but will not blow off. Small adjustments to the strut angle can be made also. The strut can be set up flat on the table and at a depth of about 1 1/8” deep from the hull bottom to the table. Weight can be added to the nose or sponson tips to fine trim the hulls balance point if needed. Insert lead strips in the end of the pipe insulation, tyrap the flotation tube end to hold the weights at the tip of the front sponsons.

More weight in the left sponson tip helps trim the boat balance point, add 2-4 oz.

Once the boat is set up correctly no changes should be necessary for smooth or rough water other than adding weight to the nose. On a calm day the boat may spray water from the forward steps of the front sponson, raise the strut to lighten the boats ride, but be careful not to make it too loose when racing on rougher water. In rough water the boat may look like it is too loose on the water, do not change the trim unless the boat tends to blow off.

PHIL T

Thanks Phil i bought a used sport 40 and will use these directions.Not sure about one part but it may become clearer once i become more familiar with the boat.

THis is the part:

Weight can be added to the nose or sponson tips to fine trim the hulls balance point if needed. Insert lead strips in the end of the pipe insulation, tyrap the flotation tube end to hold the weights at the tip of the front sponsons.

Thanks

Terry

He's describing a way to put the weight inside the sponsons instead of sticking them outside. Hopefully you're familiar with the pool noodles that are commonly used for floatation. If you put the weight inside one you can put it inside the sponsons. Since the front of the sponsons gets progressively more narrow, wrapping the front of the pool noodle with tie wraps will compress it so you can get it further in the sponson.

I thought it was something like that but not even seeing one of these boats up close yet, was unsure.

I am anxious to get it and run it they say they are fast and handle well. Mine will have a PIP .45 and I have purchased an OPS.45 for a spare since the PIP ar not distrubuted in the U.S. anymore.

It's one of those things, the motor may last a long while but the guy used me right on the boat so if the engine fails and cannot be repaired I am not out a whole lot.

I know piper commented he likes his and so do many others.

terry

Latest posts

Back