Prop Suggestions for Outriggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
I'm needing input on best prop selection for the following outrigger/engine combinations:

[A] Eagle SGX-45; CMB .45VAC (using CMB nitro pipe, No. C30007, w/Zoom carb)

Eagle SGX-67/80 (41in length); CMB .80HR (using, both, CMB No. C30010, 67/80 "AB" Style Muffled Pipe, and Rossi 80/90 speed pipe from Al Hobbs)

[C] Pinckert Coyote 67/80 (41in length); original Rossi .80 Drum-Valve Marine (using Carl Brey exhaust throttle & Jet Ring style venturi or stock Rossi carb/exhaust header); Rossi 80/90 speed pipe

[D] Pinckert Coyote 67/80 (41in length); original Picco P67 marine (using Carl Brey exhaust throttle & stock Picco speed style venturi); original Picco 67 speed pipe

[E] Prather Piranha 45/67; new Picco P45R blue-head black-case (modified Orlic stock Picco carb); using CMB nitro pipe, No. C30007)

Please feel free to suggest best prop sizes/Part No.'s for each set-up. I'm looking to order more props soon.

Appreciate your input.

Hi Dave,

Glad to see you're getting ready to run some of those classics!!!! Are the Coyote's & Piranaha solid shaft or flex? That would probably influence the prop choice.

Thanks, John

David,

I ran the same SGX combo as you with the exception of the zoom carb. The ABC H18 worked real well on my set-up.

Hi Dave,

Glad to see you're getting ready to run some of those classics!!!! Are the Coyote's & Piranaha solid shaft or flex? That would probably influence the prop choice.

Thanks, John
All are employing flex-shafts of course. These are all original brand-new boat kits I purchased between 1987 and now.

SGX-67/80 and Coyote are, both, using .250in dia flex-shafts. SGX-45 and Piranha are, both. using .187in dia flex-shafts.

David,

I ran the same SGX combo as you with the exception of the zoom carb. The ABC H18 worked real well on my set-up.
Thanks. So far I have 1 1667 (cupped and balanced by Andy) for this boat.

Hi Dave,

Thanks, John
All are employing flex-shafts of course. These are all original brand-new boat kits I purchased between 1987 and now.

SGX-67/80 and Coyote are, both, using .250in dia flex-shafts. SGX-45 and Piranha are, both. using .187in dia flex-shafts.

David,

Hi David, The H-18 would be for the 45 SGX. That is the boat that Ron was refering to.

For years we ran the SGX 45 with a 1462 cut to 56mm. It is similar to the H-18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave,

Thanks, John

David,

Hi David, The H-18 would be for the 45 SGX. That is the boat that Ron was refering to.

Thanks (Andy & Ron) for your clarification. I will definitely place an H-18/1462 on my list. Actually the one prop that I purchased from you (for my SGX-45) so far was a 1457 cupped & balanced (not a 1667, my goof).

Andy, can you recommend a props for:

[A] Eagle SGX-67/80 (41in length); CMB .80HR (using, both, CMB No. C30010, 67/80 "AB" Style Muffled Pipe, and Rossi 80/90 speed pipe)?

Pinckert Coyote 67/80 (41in length); using original (1985) Rossi .80 Drum-Valve Marine; Rossi 80/90 speed pipe? (I lost original set-up sheet for this boat)

[C] Pinckert Coyote 67/80 (41in length); using original (1987) Picco P67 marine; original Picco 67 speed pipe?

[D] Prather Piranha; new Picco P45R blue-head black-case (modified Orlic stock Picco carb); using CMB nitro pipe, No. C30007)?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave,

Thanks, John

David,

Thanks (Andy & Ron) for your clarification. I will definitely place an H-18/1462 on my list. Actually the one prop that I purchased from you (for my SGX-45) so far was a 1457 cupped & balanced (not a 1667, my goof).

Andy, can you recommend a props for:

[A] Eagle SGX-67/80 (41in length); CMB .80HR (using, both, CMB No. C30010, 67/80 "AB" Style Muffled Pipe, and Rossi 80/90 speed pipe)? ABC H-38 with small cup.

Pinckert Coyote 67/80 (41in length); using original (1985) Rossi .80 Drum-Valve Marine; Rossi 80/90 speed pipe? (I lost original set-up sheet for this boat) 1467 large cup.

[C] Pinckert Coyote 67/80 (41in length); using original (1987) Picco P67 marine; original Picco 67 speed pipe? 1465 medium cup or 1467 small cup.

[D] Prather Piranha; new Picco P45R blue-head black-case (modified Orlic stock Picco carb); using CMB nitro pipe, No. C30007)? 1457 medium cup or 1460 small cup.

Thanks

Suggestions above David.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back