Prop question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jklinkerfues

Wondering what the latest and greatest prop for Lynx and stock OS combo is? I tried Grims 1440, and the boat worked well. Tried the 640 and the motor didn't rev up as high, but boat was much faster. Any suggestions on what to try next would be helpful.

Jeff

Jeff,

A quick and extremely well handling set up can be found with the ABC 4053-2-blade prop on the Sport/ Stock O/S 3.5cc & Lynx combo. Don't modify the prop for the stock engine. Thin and balance it only.

The 4053 will not be quite as fast as the 1440 but it actually makes a better over all race setup as the 4053 will carry the boat thru the turns very good and will also keep the boat setteled all the way around the track when trimmed correctly.

The 1440 is a couple of mph faster, but you will pay for the extra speed every now and then with a DNF as you will most likely have to raise the stock O/S up quite a bit to pull it thru the turns correctly.

Try the ABC 4053 and let us know how it works for you.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this concept is VERY important. most guys don't listen when someone says this. Carl is right on... ya gotta corner well to win, ya gotta have stable setup to win and ya gotta finish to win. If this means you sacrifice a couple mph for perfect race setup, then DO IT. Save that fast prop for time trials. Get a perfectly running boat and outdrive the rest of the boys. It will surprise you how easy it is to win with a stable boat, instead of flying around on the ragged edge. Of course this applies to any boat, not just tunnels.

Brian

There is no trick to the 4053. Anybody can thin & balance one and go race it. This prop can put you right in the top three at the end of the day. Now the 1440...that prop requires a little more skill to get it hooked up right. That was my whole point.

-Carl,

Jeff,

We like the Grim 1440 B/C reduced to 38 mm aprox. and cupped to 3.33" and

even 3.46" if you have a STOUT MOTOR. The 40 x 53 needs a little work done

to it also to make it really work well. Check your Grim 1440 B/C and see how

big the diameter is, believe it or not we have some working @ 37.50 mm up in

the mountains in high altitude situations. Another overlooked propeller is the

X-637/2 it will rev up and go even with the 1.6 pitch ratio. :D

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Carl and Mark's !!!!

I am having this same delima, but with some of the strongest K&B's I know of....

As Carl already calls me " WILDMAN BUTCH " 1440's don't go with my driving style :lol:

Great Post !!!!

Butch ;)

Thanks Carl and Mark's !!!!

I am having this same delima, but with some of the strongest K&B's I know of....

As Carl already calls me " WILDMAN BUTCH " 1440's don't go with my driving style :lol:

Great Post !!!!

Butch ;)

I just might have to agree with that statement. Might rename you Buoy Hunter.

Butch, I have several H-4's of various cups and pitches. Next time we are out you can try them if you like without dropping money for any to see it they may work at all.

John

Remember that bag of props I had at the last Magnum test, before Gabe left (15) props....... I have not seen the bag since that day when I packed up to go home !!!

That's Mr. Improved Bouy Hunter !!!! Lane Three Racer......

Butch :rolleyes:

John

Remember that bag of props I had at the last Magnum test, before Gabe left (15) props....... I have not seen the bag since that day when I packed up to go home !!!

That's Mr. Improved Bouy Hunter !!!! Lane Three Racer......

Butch :rolleyes:

Yes, I remember the bag. I guess the training session has helped. There will be some more soon. Was originally going today but overcome pre-holiday events that kept me from going. Will be going over the holidays some so get ready.

Allen - same for you LAPP guys. Be ready to head out for some test runs. Let Steve & Sandy know as well. Just might get some impromptu tunnel racing going.

John

Just let me know !!! I still have to talk to myself coming off turn 3 bouy !!! :p Allen bring your mono to.....

Butch :)

Mark.. I am getting a x637 for my 12 rigger. What do you think>?

We like the Grim 1440 B/C reduced to 38 mm aprox. and cupped to 3.33" and

even 3.46" if you have a STOUT MOTOR. The 40 x 53 needs a little work done

to it also to make it really work well. Check your Grim 1440 B/C and see how

big the diameter is, believe it or not we have some working @ 37.50 mm up in

the mountains in high altitude situations. Another overlooked propeller is the

X-637/2 it will rev up and go even with the 1.6 pitch ratio. :D

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Thanks for the suggestions. A couple of ideas sound promising. But I figure here in MN I got about, 4 months before I can do any testing.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I have no problems with hard water !! :p So all these suggestions are spot on for my testing in Dec. and Jan.

My race season begins Feb. 15-16 and I need all the help I can get !!!

Butch

Hey waterbug, sounds great, let me know what you find out. I got my boat late in the season from a guy at the club who hadn't had much luck with it. Rebalanced the boat per Carl's instructions and the boat ended up working great. The two props I used where off my Villian and I didn't have much time to try anything off before the water froze.

Jeff

Back