Project HDR .12 LIGHTING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenOlvis

Lets get some .12 in the south going

Im buildings a .12 any info thoughts pics from you all that have .12 post here.Lets show these boats are worth their weight and speed best bang for the buck

Last edited by a moderator:
Wade post a pic of your Hammerhead rigger

An vid

Thxs

Ken

Don't think your going to make it! LOL

Don
default_smile.png

Must get good sealed ( keep away wet in radio box) because servos or Rx battery will be fail then loss out of control ( easy break sponsons or tub ) Good Luck!

Allen got some sealing done for the radio.

Trim cowl then do some sanding an sealing the mount rear riggers make adjustable I think or 2 sided tape.It would be little easyer.not sure witch way to go.nice a flat on the surfaces

Ken,

I got mine the other day also.I have mine at about the same amount of progress as yours.

I think they have too much S-Bend in the stuffing tube for me.

I am going to pull mine out and redo the driveline to a wire drive.

I am going to have to fix the motor mount from flat to a little more

angle to accommodate the new drive angle. Two sided tape for sure

on the rear sponsons, and I may not even use them. Thinking about

a ski under the tub right now? Otherwise a nice project for the winter building season.

The boat is a little on the heavy side for a 12 hydro, but they run good in rough water

with a little more weight I think. Also thinking about a Perry third channel needle valve,

And a oiler system for the driveline.

Thanks For Sharing Your Build Pictures Ken,

Mark Sholund

Thanks

Mark for posting your build also.Mark post pics an updates on this thread.

Or ideas you have this includes any body building or running a .12

Ken,

I do not know how to do pictures on the Internet yet?

I need to learn.

I guess a local class on the Internet here in town would be a good idea

this next year?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

.063 wire drive and ball bearing strut removed the original tube and changed the engine angle to use a single bend tube, Kevin Sheren has my old one done like that. I'd use the rear sponsons and glue them on with the tub level, you'll never need to move them.

mb

.063 wire drive and ball bearing strut removed the original tube and changed the engine angle to use a single bend tube, Kevin Sheren has my old one done like that. I'd use the rear sponsons and glue them on with the tub level, you'll never need to move them.

mb
Mike I might cut out top and upper inside an attach to bottom an side it stiffs the tub. What was your finale ride height.the pic is my design on my new 65 see also the link

Thxs

Ken

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=62389&page=6

You'd have to get Kevin to measure, I don't remember. I don't think you need to squeeze the air at the rear of the tub, I'd put them on the outside. You should get your club to allow any small bock engine, the Nova is ok, but hard to be consistant and run near 60 to heat race. We spent a couple years and a lot of money and had to settle for a heat racer that would run 53-54 and be consistant with the Nova. Remember that you will need a little less prop for the Lightning without the center ski like the JAE.

mb

Ken,

I do not know how to do pictures on the Internet yet?

I need to learn.

I guess a local class on the Internet here in town would be a good idea

this next year?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark send me your pic to my phone ill post it no problem

1/04/15

Radio installed waiting for delivery

Of kite an shaft an turn fin all on order coming this week.

Back