Prayers Need for Harold Broussard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, Tony Broussard here, Harold's son.

I wanted to let you all know that my dad suffered a massive heart attack tonight. He is alive, but critical.

He is in intensive care at Iberia General Hospital in New Iberia, La. He had 100% blockage in his right artery and they installed a stint to get the blood flow back to his heart.

He is resting now and we'll know more in the morning as to what effect the damage did to him.

I know my dad has many friends on here, yall are more like an extended family, and I'll do my best to keep you guys posted.

Sincerely,

Tony Broussard

Thanks Tony, I know that your dad is one of the great guys around the hobby/sport and wish him the best in his recovery.

I know what he's going through right now as I've been there and it isn't fun. Tell him to take it easy for a while during his recovery period and not to do any lifting over 5 pounds or driving for 6 weeks. That was the worst part for me as I hate riding with my wife.

Keep us updated.

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIM HOPE HE GETS WELL SOON

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry to hear this.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Take care.

Erin, Lorretta & Brittney

Tony,

My thoughts are with your dad. As a professional airline pilot, I am always high up there. See what I can do for your dad. I will light a candle as well.

Hope everything goes well from now on.

Ronald.

Prayers go out to him and his family with a speedy recovery.

"A heart attack cant stop a man with nitro running thru his veins"

Larry

Mr. Harold has been a nice guy in the hobby for as long I've been in it.

My prayers go out to him and his family this Christmas season.

P.S.

My mom at 63 went into congestive heart failure 3 years ago (wonder why with that Louisiana cookin she does). She had a 4 way bypass (didn't know there were that many) and is now better than ever. I tease her and say she was ported and polished. :)

Thanks for the well wishes fellows.

I'm going back to the hospital and we'll know more this morning. I'll do my best to keep you guys posted.

Thanks,

Tony Broussard

Tony,

Our thoughts and prayers are with Harold and all of his family at this time. He is a tough ol' bird and I'm sure he'll get through this. Master Craftsmen are hard to come by these days..........he's got a lot more wood to cut!

Dick

Harold is a rare find these days, honest, hard working, and caring. I have very much enjoyed his friendship over the years. I am praying for you Harold......hope to talk with you soon....Tony, if there is anything I can do, please call me 352-262-4976. I have some great cardioligist friends here if there is anything you would like me to ask them. I had sent your dad some Christmas presents, they will probably arrive Thursday. Let him know he needs to get better soon so he can get home and open them!

Eric Canto

What they are doing in Cardiology today is amazing since I had my first one at 46, I'm now 53 and hava seen the progress that has been made in such a short amount of time. Harold will probably be out for Christmas as the most that I've stayed in the hospital was 4 days. He will be taking medication for the rest of his life, Toprol XL, Isosobride (a time-released Nitro) and probably Coumadin for a while (I hated that stuff!) plus they'll put him on some cholesterol lowering medication.

If you have any questions on the Med's, I've been on most of them at one time or another. Prinivil was another on my list of med's that I hated but only had to take for 30 days. You go to the bathroom a LOT but don't do much when there. It gives you the feeling that you really gotta go but when there, don't.

Tell dad that if he wants to share any "war" stories, he has someone to talk to. I've got around 6 stents in me plus the defibrillator that was installed back in July.

Sounds like Harold has a fine son too, All my best to the whole family,

I spent WAY to much time this year with procedures and tests in the hospital.

Rons correct, It's exceptional what they can do now, Sit down when the bills come in to, Wheeew ;)

Gene B)

myprayer go out to you mr. harold, hey, take your time getting back to the boats, but hurry up get ready to race in march. get well soon and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Hey Tony....I have only known your Dad for about one year but I had the pleasure of hanging out in his shop when I came over to pick up my boat. I am glad I made the drive from New Orleans instead of having him ship it to me. It is nice to chit chat with one of the good guys! Tell your Dad not to try and concoct his own medicine. Those are nitroglycerin pills...not nitromethanol !!! Good luck and God Bless

Back