prather spitfire II setup tips

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark holton jr

does anyone have any setup tips for a prather spitfire II.i got this in the x-mas give away two years ago and finally got a motor coming for it and need some info.the motor is a K&B with tuned pipe.

114_1092.jpg

Set the center line of the prop shaft even with rears at 0* angle, make sure fin is parallel to center line of boat. Ran mine with an exhaust trottle. Use a push, pull on the steering. B)

As Ray mentioned, used to run with a 707 products exhaust throttle and a pressure line tapped off the engine lug into the case (crank case pressure) and a hogged out hole where you normally mount the venturi with a racing spraybar needle assembly. 1740/3 blade prop and go like hell....rpm to 30,000

No pipe required.....change bearings every 3-4 runs.....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
As Ray mentioned, used to run with a 707 products exhaust throttle and a pressure line tapped off the engine lug into the case (crank case pressure) and a hogged out hole where you normally mount the venturi with a racing spraybar needle assembly. 1740/3 blade prop and go like hell....rpm to 30,000

No pipe required.....change bearings every 3-4 runs.....lol
Thanks Rob, could not remember the prop. 1740/3 was the ticket. B)

Isn't a Spitfire 2 a 45 size boat? 1740 sounds small. I ran a 1752 3 blade on mine, about 60 mph with Prather's exhaust throttle and offset skeg setup. Fun boat.

Sorry, if this is a 45 boat, I have no clue.... thought it was the 21 hull....Good catch Tony....I'm gettin old.....lol

I am setting mine up for SAW.I will be using a Rossi for power.Sold the stock K&B i had.I am going to blue print the riding surfaces and try to lighten it up.I thought about removing the turn fin and brackets.

I am setting mine up for SAW.I will be using a Rossi for power.Sold the stock K&B i had.I am going to blue print the riding surfaces and try to lighten it up.I thought about removing the turn fin and brackets.
the sundowner is still available through joe at 707 specialities. the spitfire was a copy of the wood sundowner, & my sundowner .21 was MUCH faster than my spitfire 1. not sure if that will hold true for the 7.5 version. tried the 1740's, traditional rigger props (1445/h-5) were faster on my cmb TT/sundowner combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back