pistol grip transmitter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like my old Futaba radio.

Has served me very well over the years.................
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

Futaba_1_chan.JPG

+1 To Mikes advice on the 324SBS Receiver. Mike helped me sort out range issues I was having last summer with both my boats using the 4PX TX, in the end it came down to the receiver, switched both out to the 324 and have not had an issue since.

To me... every feature within the radio (regardless of brand) has less priority then the link between the transmitter (Driver) and the model.. and that IS where Futaba is my brand.

I have tested in the not so distant past various systems and Futaba leads the way BIG TIME!.. Also worked with a RF engineer and again.. he was surprised by some of the others and how poorly they performed.

In the end ya all dont have to believe me OR if your system is working for you then I say.. Mission Complete... yer good to go... But when it comes to "Multi Boat Heats, on a "go Long" course.. MAKE MINE FUTABA!

Currently.. 4PX and 324RXs... (Super Combo)

Grim

BINGO... Rick has it right.. (thanks Rick.... ya know that race is Eville with out scales was still one of the fun-est races I have ever run!)

"DIVERSITY"... (two antennas)

FUTABA!

Grim

So what's the difference between the 304, that came with my 4PLS, and 324, other than being 25% more expensive?

Just like the FASST, FS (dual ant) receivers we use... we want to use the "Diversity" (dual ant) receivers in FHSS..
I actually find that very interesting, considering the only issue I've have with my 4PLS or 304 was actually with the transmitter. I had to reset it and then reprogram after the rudder channel failed, fortunately before the boat was launched. Since both receivers are four channel, telemetry and SB2 equipped, it seems to me that Futaba doesn't really need to have both on the market.

LOL

Jerry I still have my old 6 channel O.S. and Kraft Reed systems in working order.

Carl C

What The ?????

I do like my old Futaba radio.

Has served me very well over the years.................
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

Futaba_1_chan.JPG
I never ran escapement, but I did race using a reed radio system for a couple of years back in the mid-60s

JD

My Dad let me drive his White Heat with an O&R gas in it when I was a little kid. It had Orbit reeds . I think it was one for right and two for left. COOL..
In a reed radio system, you would "Blip" the toggle the direction you wanted to go. The rudder servo was set to return to center when the toggle was returned to neutral. The throttle servo was linear and you would blip it to the setting you wanted. If you just kept the toggle held one way or the other the throttle servo would run until it reached its end point.

One for right and two for left sounds like an escapement system. There's been a few advances in radio systems since 1965.

JD

Latest posts

Back