Pipe lenght

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Since I can't find the midpoint on the baffle cone, (hidden) what lenght should I set pipe on a 80 motor. Pipe is cooper with single stinger. Need center of cylinder to start of flat belly. :unsure: :unsure: Thanks Ray B)

Since I can't find the midpoint on the baffle cone, (hidden) what lenght should I set pipe on a 80 motor. Pipe is cooper with single stinger. Need center of cylinder to start of flat belly. :unsure: :unsure: Thanks Ray B)

I was just talking to Dick Jones yesterday at our race. It seems like the Cooper pipes liked to be run short. Isnt there still a weld on it? Id start at 11" for a rigger, then move in from there. Dick runs his at 10.5". Seems super short, but it really works. Hope this helps Ray. You can also go to www.cooperpipes.com. They have a length chart there. It says;

QHP67-100 10"-11.5" and

QFE67-80 10.5" to 12"

Im thinkin you have the QFE. There should be welds though. That is what the measurment is from. Anyone else?

Larry Jr.

Latest posts

Back