Picture of Worlds First Completed Roadrunner

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lutz

Supporting Member
To my knowledge this is the first Roadrunner that was completed and painted. This was Bobby Caudill's E hydro. I met Bobby at the 1990 Nats, we were both running Don Pinckert's Coyote Daytona's. Bobby told me then he was going to design and build his own boat starting right after the nats. He sent these photos after completing the first one. Notice how he had not cut any trip chine out of the sponsons on the early models. I thought some might enjoy seeing these photos and thought I would share. Good Boating, Jeff Lutz

photo (31).JPG

photo (30).JPG

If I remember correct, he was really close to Bill McGraw. Every time I'd order engine parts or Bill would order props he'd suggest I talk to Bobby about a boat. Great memories, thanks T.

John

I owned that boat for a while , ran it with an EXR 45 PICCO . It belonged to my dear friend Lenny Koch ( RIP ) . Great running boat .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff , the 45 was the first one built , that 67 boat was right after it . At first I thought that was the 45 in the photo as they shared the same paint . Frank West still has the 45 , he lives in Bradenton or Sarasota .
default_biggrin.png

Jeff , the 45 was the first one built , that 67 boat was right after it . At first I thought that was the 45 in the photo as they shared the same paint . Frank West still has the 45 , he lives in Bradenton or Sarasota .
default_biggrin.png
. Good to know. Bobby sent these photos with a flyer and I thought it was the first. I guess it was the second.

Winter Nats was first race we ran 60 boats

then the first 40 was ran at alanta nats and 20 boat

Bobby was at the d3 race in Ocala, Joe and Helen Ingraos site. After the hi points banquet we went out to the country bar, he learned how to line dance,and the rest was history. Lost a bunch of weight, and soon after Ralph took over. 1994?

That wasn't the boat he took out the time clock with at Sarasota was it?

The twin .45 was a beast too. Love the orange,black. Butch Hall ran the colors too, and go fast still flies the colors on at least one

The Orange 45 was built before Ralph had decided to take over and eventually be Roadrunner . It had the old school wood dowels with rear sponson attachment bolts running down through the center ALA Cal Lange .

Back