Pics of Eagle SGX2 rear sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

Like the title says! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cliff

Guys I'm also building an SGX II 40 size but Andy sent me the old style of wings which happen to smaller and I also have the new style which are longer. I have noticed in the pictures of the SGX II that the rear wings are longer and taper from the middle to the front and rear of the boat. Today I was unable to get ahols of Andy to ask him that question....any help would greatly be appreciated. Which are the correct wings for the SGX II..

Thanks

Guys I'm also building an SGX II 40 size but Andy sent me the old style of wings which happen to smaller and I also have the new style which are longer. I have noticed in the pictures of the SGX II that the rear wings are longer and taper from the middle to the front and rear of the boat. Today I was unable to get ahols of Andy to ask him that question....any help would greatly be appreciated. Which are the correct wings for the SGX II..

Thanks
Hi Jose show pictures of my SGX 45 ;) not SGX-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Allan,

Thanks for your help.I have the same wings that are on your boat and I have the new version....I'm lost which should I use.Does anyone know what is the differnce in the SGX & SGX II other than the bottom ski has been removed from the SGXII ??? Allan nice boat can't wait to get mine going.

Thanks,

Jose

Allan,

Thanks for your help.I have the same wings that are on your boat and I have the new version....I'm lost which should I use.Does anyone know what is the differnce in the SGX & SGX II other than the bottom ski has been removed from the SGXII ??? Allan nice boat can't wait to get mine going.

Thanks,

Jose
Jose,

Look at the photos Jeremy Edge posted and compare them to the photos that Allan Yuen posted. The boat in Jeremy's photos is a SGX-2. The boat in Allan's photos is a SGX. The bottom running surfaces, and the wings on the side of the tub are different on the SGX-2, along with not having the center ski.

Larry

Been doing some different custom combinations for some guys according to what engine they are running and the water conditions they mostly run in.

Jose will be running the SGX style wing and no center rear. Maybe it's an SGX-3? Jeremy has an 67 SGX-3 and an 84 SGX-4. Both of Jeremy's boats have been "hooked up" in the last two races running in very rough water.

Hi Andy show any pictures of new SGX-3? thanks Allan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy show any pictures of new SGX-3? thanks Allan
Allan, SGX-3 = SGX without center sponson and modified front sponson.

SGX-4 = SGX with modified SGX front sponson, rear sponsons and wings.

The mods won't show up on the camara.

SGX is till a great boat. The 45 SGX has won all four Florida races so far this year including the Winter Nats Shootout.

Andy any plans on making a boat a little bigger than the 90 for the 1.01 engs.

Say 4" longer?

David

Back