Pics of Eagle SGX2 rear sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy,

David is having a hard time getting enough fuel capacity in his boat.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
David did you get a try to this carb?with that bore you will have to put tanks on sponsons :D

Gill

David did you get a try to this carb?with that bore you will have to put tanks on sponsons :D

Gill
No not yet. Had the zoom .500 carb on it last time out.

this new pipe from Scott is sucking the tank dry and building lots of cyl pressure.

Waiting for some billet 30% pistons to try it again.

Was pulling a cut down 3020 when it broke the last piston.

Need a big prop to load this setup and that pushes the boat around in the corners.

David

Gill
No not yet. Had the zoom .500 carb on it last time out.

this new pipe from Scott is sucking the tank dry and building lots of cyl pressure.

Waiting for some billet 30% pistons to try it again.

Was pulling a cut down 3020 when it broke the last piston.

Need a big prop to load this setup and that pushes the boat around in the corners.

David
what :blink: drink thirty fuel more than 24oz tank for CMB 101 modded :wacko: need add 4 oz

The tank is one of Walt's tanks 22.5oz thats all that will fit.

I can't even take a reading with my BM meter.It is below 20 about a 1 1/2 turn and still taking plugs.

This is the first one of Scott's 1.01 pipes run and it needs more prop and heat racing boat than is available.

Then again I may just be full of my self! That is a distinct possibility.

David

Build a Teepee on top. Should be worth another 4 .oz If you keep it on the bouys the lap times will be so fast you won't need more fuel. :D

Build a Teepee on top. Should be worth another 4 .oz If you keep it on the bouys the lap times will be so fast you won't need more fuel. :D
Fast lap times would do it. but there are other boats to drive around running and dead.

I was thinking about the Teepee.

Whats going to happen when the new CMB disk 27 hits the market and we try and run nitro in it?

This on nitro? Could be interesting:

http://www.iansboats...0open%20WEB.JPG
Ya baby thats what I'm talking about. :wub:

Can't wait to slap the nitro to that and blow it up. :eek:

Tell me a 90 SGX will handle that on nitro. :mellow:

I need a bigger boat. :D
Yep! A bigger boat for sure.
I am not a boat builder. that said I love my SGX.

Would love to have a boat to grow in too not out of.

Any plans on making a bigger boat?

We could stretch and widen the boat and give it capacity to hold 32 oz of nitro.
That sound good, I would be more than happy to buy one to start running it with my 1.01 to start.

Should have a VAC 1.05 ready soon. Just need to get the parts to Steve to get machined.

Let me know whats up.

Thanks

David

David, if you are having problems getting props large enough for a 101, what would you put on a 27cc? I would not expect a nitro conversion to rev much if any more than the gas engine, so there will be quite a lot of torque and less revs than you run now!

David, if you are having problems getting props large enough for a 101, what would you put on a 27cc? I would not expect a nitro conversion to rev much if any more than the gas engine, so there will be quite a lot of torque and less revs than you run now!
Don't know. I guess some one will have to step up to the plate and make some.

The prop shop has some bigens.

Will find out when we get there.

It will rev can just tell say 24000 or more. the question is will it live.

Thy have bin testing the 5/16 prop shafts at the pond. will see how that pans out.

The main problem will be having a boat that the large props will not push around.

Back