Phil Tomas SS 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hill Jim

What prop, pipe, engine combo do you run or think would be a great combo? Looking for a engine you can get parts for. I broke the rod in my Picco 45 EXR disk roter today :( and if i can't find parts i'll be looking for new engine. Do any of you have parts for a Picco 45 EXR disk roter or know someone who has some?

Jim

Also Jim, Dale Remiro is in need of a couple wings up front of his old SS45 PT hull that he tore out today.

Get a CMB if you can, probably your best bet, I don't know which one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Jim, Dale Remero is in need of a couple wings up front of his old SS45 PT hull that he tore out today.
he can get the front canard wing from me for $10

The CMB RS I have seen run real well.

No I will pass. I have 4 motors. All of which work. I was looking for a backup crank. I broke one in the pass at the shoulder.

Mike

Also Jim, Dale Remero is in need of a couple wings up front of his old SS45 PT hull that he tore out today.

Hey Phil,

Is that a .45 CMB RS? I'm so new to this stuff that I just don't know. I saw a CMB RS 90 advertised on the rocketcity racing website, but I didn't think that was the one you were talking about.

Hey Phil,

Is that a .45 CMB RS? I'm so new to this stuff that I just don't know. I saw a CMB RS 90 advertised on the rocketcity racing website, but I didn't think that was the one you were talking about.
OK, I answered my own question. I found it. It is a 45 CMB RS. And, it was the 91 CMB RS that I saw before. Wow! $530 for the 45 CMB RS at RocketCity Racing! Any other sources for this motor?

Hey Phil,

OK, I answered my own question. I found it. It is a 45 CMB RS. And, it was the 91 CMB RS that I saw before. Wow! $530 for the 45 CMB RS at RocketCity Racing! Any other sources for this motor?
Contact to Mike Hallam's "Hallam Marine Hobby" dealer new CMB45 RS good low price $495US Good Luck! ;)

I guess it's just a matter of how bad do you want to run sport 40 Jim :huh:

The rod that broke in your Picco was a stock one and I haven't heard what shape the piston and sleeve

is in. You'll have to heat the the engine pretty good to tap the piston down and I would use a little more

care than was used to get the New button out. That button had a shim in there that belongs to my Vintage

O.S. 46VFR airplane engine.

Appears that the Piccos of that model are going to be a long time looking for parts and can be a frustrating

dead end even if you can get the parts. If you can't get a fellow district boater to help you out, I'd say your

your perdy much screwed in the short term remedy.

Your only available choices to my knowledge are the CMB , (don't know if you can get a Mac) OPS , Rossi

and the O.S. VX (I think it is),, Well, Screw the VX.

The CMB is the best choice that you have but you saw the cost :eek: and the parts are gonna scare you worse if

you happen to need some.

There's guys in Canada that can make the OPS's run perdy good but I'm not sure if that is the new design of

45 that they are using. What ever choice you make, you know I'll help you with it.

Jim I will buy the crank from you if you can't get parts.

Mike
I have a crank and other usable parts if Jim deceides to go a different direction.

No P&S though,, that are usable in their curret condition anyway.

The OS 46 VX-M is a good engine.. The price is right too. You need to buy the flywheel and header but you are still loads of money ahead.

OS 46 VX-M

All that for around 310.. not bad. Parts are easy to get too..

The motor works well on the Brown Parabolic pipe and I bet it would work well on the cooper as well..

Cheers

Grim

The OS 46 VX-M is a good engine.. The price is right too. You need to buy the flywheel and header but you are still loads of money ahead.
OS 46 VX-M

All that for around 310.. not bad. Parts are easy to get too..

The motor works well on the Brown Parabolic pipe and I bet it would work well on the cooper as well..

Cheers

Grim

The exhaust heads the out the front don't it Mike? Not really a good deal for a cowled in sport 40 'yeah?

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. Looks like i'll be ordering a new CMB 45 RS.

Jim

Back