Paypal refunds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Hamilton

Bought an item from ebay and it never arrived, After about a month i started a dispute to which they found in my favour and on the 6th December awarded me my money back to my account but said it would be about 5 days before the money would show in the account. On the 8th December the item arrived after 6 weeks from buying, I cant get in touch with the seller as they have been taken off of Ebay for some thing else as they dissapeared of of Ebay before i started my dispute. Any one know what to do next re ebay/Paypal, I did send an email to them about this. Their didnt seem to be any think on their site as to how to deal with this type of situation after a dispute had been settled. Havnt had a reply to the message i sent them so dont know whether they recieved it or not or whether their dealing with it or not any advice to this problem. regards Martin.

I would just sit back and give it about---10 working days for them to contact you, after that if they have not done anything you can send them a PayPal payment with a note describing what the payment is for.That way YOU know that you payed for what you got.

Tom.

Do you mean contacting them to their personal email address and not a message through ebay as their ebay message is not available. And then making a paypal payment to them for the said amount of money. This will not be seen as dealing out side of Ebay or any thing like that will it, Would i just tell the seller im making a payment to them for the said goods that i eventually received. Martin.

I'd simply wait till it all washes out. One or both of them will contact you if there's a problem. If not, consider yourself lucky. Company's on Ebay come and go all the time. If you were granted funds through Paypal, it would have been from the company that sold you the goods. Paypal isn't in the habit of giving out their own money, trust me.

RJ

Do you mean contacting them to their personal email address and not a message through ebay as their ebay message is not available. And then making a paypal payment to them for the said amount of money. This will not be seen as dealing out side of Ebay or any thing like that will it, Would i just tell the seller im making a payment to them for the said goods that i eventually received. Martin.
Yes Martin, as I said give it a few working days for them to contact you. After that if they have not contacted you then send them a payment for the Item only (not the shipping, they screwed that up)And on the payment note what the payment is for. Make sure you print your self a copy of the payment , and no you are not going outside of Ebay's rules.

Tom.

I sent a message to Ebay/Paypal saying i had now received the item 2 days after they closed the dispute and Paypal had returned my money.It seems to me that after a case is closed and settled its nothing to do with them. The problem is as i said the seller disapeared of of Ebay just prior to me starting my claim and had said in earlier messages when i was enquiring where the item was that he was having problems with Ebay suspending his account and hasnt been back on Ebay since buy the way he was a buisness. Ive since messaged him through Ebay and not had a reply and also mailed him through his personal email address which Ebay gave me at the start of the distute, But still no reply from them. I just wonder whether they set up another Ebay account under a different name and had to change their email to another one. Martin.

I sent a message to Ebay/Paypal saying i had now received the item 2 days after they closed the dispute and Paypal had returned my money.It seems to me that after a case is closed and settled its nothing to do with them. The problem is as i said the seller disapeared of of Ebay just prior to me starting my claim and had said in earlier messages when i was enquiring where the item was that he was having problems with Ebay suspending his account and hasnt been back on Ebay since buy the way he was a buisness. Ive since messaged him through Ebay and not had a reply and also mailed him through his personal email address which Ebay gave me at the start of the distute, But still no reply from them. I just wonder whether they set up another Ebay account under a different name and had to change their email to another one. Martin.
i suggest you give paypal a ring ..i find talking to them direct is BETTER than an email...bob

I dont deal with either both Ebay and Paypal have screwed me over and when they said it was in my favor also never again.I never got the item and they kept my money

Last edited by a moderator:
I did speak to them direct after all the usual messing around with their automated system, Lost count of messages sent and received from them.And they still couldnt advise what to do,Apparently in this type of situation you simply reverse the paymment that i was awarded when the item didnt show. But it seems the problem is that the seller is no longer a registered Ebay user, I also assume they also no longer have a paypal account for my payment to go to. I think that they may have had problems with Ebay and Paypal and got taken off.And possibly set up a new account under a different name and id and different emal address as ive mailed them on their personal email address and got no reply, They answered a while back on this email when i was trying to find out what had happened to the item prior to receiving it. Ill just have to wait and see if any one contacts me and starts screaming about payment as they can still contact me ok but seems i cant contact them. Martin.

Latest posts

Back