P-spec tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ESC needs to be in the water proof radio box. Some ESCs will tolerate a little water, but not a lot. Some of us spray Corrosion X on them to add further protection. It is best to keep them nice and dry.

hay guys does the esc half to be in the radio box or can it site out and get wet?
huh.gif
The ESC needs to be in the radio box and kept as dry as possible...even if it says it's waterproof (like the UL-1 ESC)....

-Kent

just looking in to getting my motor for my p spec opc and want to no witch ul 1 to get . the 1800 kv or 2030 kv ?

thanks

just looking in to getting my motor for my p spec opc and want to no witch ul 1 to get . the 1800 kv or 2030 kv ?

thanks
The 2030kV motor is from the UL-1. The 1800kV motor is from the SV27R.

I'm running the 2030 on my TS-3. What ESC are you going to run?

42x55, back cut .090", 3.3" cup.

It's been a fast/reliable prop on all the boats we've tried it on. A 1614 is faster, but it's closer to the limit of the motor.

is a 42 x 55 the same as a octura x 442? just wondering because i wanted a x442 dune up for my nitro tunnel .

hay brian,

would you be able to re-post your pics of the radio box in your ts 3

please!!! ,just trying to get some ideas of were to put everything.

thanks
smile.gif

OK Guys,

I've been off this project for a while, but now ready to move forward.

(1) Batteries...are you paying $180.00 for a battery or am I looking at the wrong thing. 4S 40C 5000mHa. What's the difference between 4S and 4S1P?

(2) Charger...Hyperion Super Duo 3? Or is that overkill?

OK Guys,

I've been off this project for a while, but now ready to move forward.

(1) Batteries...are you paying $180.00 for a battery or am I looking at the wrong thing. 4S 40C 5000mHa. What's the difference between 4S and 4S1P?

There are many different choices available for lipos. Here is another example: http://xtremepowersystems.net/proddetail.php?prod=XPS5000PP-4S1P I use these for heat racing and they have been solid performers.

4S1P could mean one 4 cell pack, or it could also mean two 2 cell packs wire in series. When wiring packs in series you increase the voltage, but the mAh stays the same.

4S2P would mean two 4 cell packs wired in parallel to increase total mAh capacity. Two 4 cell 5000mAh packs wired in parallel would create a 4 cell 10,000mAh power source.

Hyperion Super Duo 3 is a top of the line charger. Overkill is a matter of opinion.

IM0-Over kill if you're going to run one spec boat. If you end up getting more than one FE or running a more powerfull one with multiple packs than the Duo is the way to go.

If I was going to do one or two spec boats, I would buy a Hyperion EOS 0720i NET3-AD

Last edited by a moderator:
Chilli,

The EOS 0720i NET3-AD @ $143.96 looks like a good deal!

Sean,

$95.00 Batteries...now that's what I'm talking about!

Thanks Guys!

Ok

I like the idea of these batteries posted by Sean. They seem affordable and seem like they would work very well (65C). But since I am new to FE, I don't know if they are overkill or would just get me by for a single P-Spec tunnel boat with UL1 2030KV motor and speed controller.

basically this setup http://www.offshoree...d=dh-aqcom-2030

or if it stays out of stock, the 2030KV plus the Swordfish 120 controller here (is it legal in Namba and Impba for P-spec?): http://www.offshoree...d=hef-sword-120

There are many different choices available for lipos. Here is another example: http://xtremepowersy...=XPS5000PP-4S1P I use these for heat racing and they have been solid performers.
The question I have is are these batteries below posted by Tino really good enough for heat racing? They seem to be very inexpensive but if they are more suited to P-Spec, then are these what I should be looking at? Again I would be running a single P-Spec tunnel boat with UL1 2030KV motor and speed controller;

My link
Just another option. No they are not as "good" a pack but for the spec classes they are more then enough.
Give me your honest opinions please so that I am informed before selecting the ones I want.

I already have a PRO-PEAK Prodigy II charger and a PRO-PEAK 8.5 amp DC power supply feeding it that I use to charge my Lipo tx and rx packs.

Thanks

Guys, As far as batty packs go, try to stick with the brands recommended by the majority of the FE guys. There is alot of good stuff out there and there is even more junk. I'm talking about packs that lose their punch after a few laps and others who products do not have the values indicated on their stickers. If I've learned anything running FE's, it's that every time I try to save a buck, It ends up costing me more in the long run.

IMO-There is such thing as overkill with batteries. Especially when "C" racings are concerned. The stronger the battery pack, the less it has to work during a heat. Resulting in less heat and stress on it and the rest of your equipment. This means in longer life with better performance for all your electronic gear.

Hyperion and Thunderpower are two of the "best of the best". Excellant performance and the dealers in the US have a good track record of making things right if you get on occasional bad apple.

IMO- the HobbyKing Turnigys are a pretty good economy packs. I ran a few of the 40C 5000's last season and was happy with their performance. The down side is you are dealing with China so shipping may be slow and customer service is not going to be the best. In addition, if you get a bad pack it's going to cost you more to return and take longer to get a replacement. I have ordered from them a few times and most of the time shipping has taken about 10 days to the east coast. I have not come accross a bad pack but others have. So if you want to save a few bucks, you'll have to decide if the additional risk is worth it.

A few other recommendations. Get at least 40C packs and if your packs come with battery connectors, replace them !!!!

I'm going to try a few of the Turnigy 45/90C Nano packs for my sons spec boats when they are back in stock...and get a few more Hyperion packs for me. :)

http://www.hobbycity...idProduct=11957

Hyperion and Thunderpower are two of the "best of the best". Excellant performance and the dealers in the US have a good track record of making things right if you get on occasional bad apple.

IMO- the HobbyKing Turnigys are a pretty good economy packs. I ran a few of the 40C 5000's last season and was happy with their performance. The down side is you are dealing with China so shipping may be slow and customer service is not going to be the best. In addition, if you get a bad pack it's going to cost you more to return and take longer to get a replacement. I have ordered from them a few times and most of the time shipping has taken about 10 days to the east coast. I have not come accross a bad pack but others have. So if you want to save a few bucks, you'll have to decide if the additional risk is worth it.

Agreed.

I do want to point out that the packs I linked are in stock in the US warehouse with one cent shipping. HK claims that warranty issues will be handled in the US warehouse. All of my packs have been in decent shape so I hope to never find out :)

Back