P-Limited Mono Specific Rules - IMPBA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Beaumont

Hey Guys,

I was looking at the Rule Book on the IMPBA website and I saw the Fast Electric section. It shows that "P" is limited to 14.8V and up to 34", but I don't see any limit on the type of ESC, the size of batteries, the speed of the motor, etc. Is there a sub-class within "P" (i.e. P-Limited) that dictates these rules and where would I find this info? I would like to know the "boundaries" of the rules.

Thanks,

Curtis

"P" in IMPBA is only restricted to voltage and length. Limited or spec is only an official class in NAMBA. IMPBA has two districts with their local rules that basically use the same motor list as NAMBA but also restrict the ESC which NAMBA doesn't. In general the rest of IMPBA local clubs only restrict motors. This lack of consensus adds to why there is not an official national class in IMPBA. Go with whatever rules your local club or bordering districts are using. The conflict has no end in site so get an AQ2030 motor and whatever esc and have fun.

Mic

There are no P-Limited rules in the IMPBA. The class in the IMPBA book is P Mono. Any ESC and Any motor.

P-Limited classes are run by some clubs and districts and they have slightly different rules. Your best bet is to contact the club or district where you want to race.

(what Mic says. I was typing when he posted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I was looking at the Rule Book on the IMPBA website and I saw the Fast Electric section. It shows that "P" is limited to 14.8V and up to 34", but I don't see any limit on the type of ESC, the size of batteries, the speed of the motor, etc. Is there a sub-class within "P" (i.e. P-Limited) that dictates these rules and where would I find this info? I would like to know the "boundaries" of the rules.

Thanks,

Curtis
In our club (TCMBC). We are limited to 14.8V, and spec motor of a Aquacraft or Proboat motor (I believe). ESC and size of battery/batteries are open. These are the very same rules that have been in place for our club for the last two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back