outrigger design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron alberico

building a 24in outrigger need some help, what sould the after plane be, or sponson running surface to end of hull, and where should the C.G be or what percentage should it be at

any help would be great

Aaron,

Sorry it has taken so long to get a reply. I think the problem is that .12 riggers are very new to all of us and there are many different thoughts on the perfect set up so no one wants to say that theirs is the right one. Some run really well and some don't. I dont know if mine does or not but if you go to page three of this forum and open a post called (Another new .12 (Riptide) I have posted many specs on my latest boat, which has not even been run yet. Maybe this will get some of the guys that do have really great running boats to chime in.

Don ;)

I assume it is a .12 or.15 rigger that you're building.

Oh ya, I was going to go home and measure mine and forgot, sorry. I will do it tonight.

-MikeP

Well I don't know about that. : :)

I like my hulls for .12/.15 motors longer. They are at 28"

I know Tom likes the 24" hull but tries to keep the after plane long as possible.

Set the CG at 80-85% of the after plane. The CG on mine always end up at the flex adaptor. Center the turn fin close to the CG. This will give you a good running hull. Fine tune after you run it.

-MikeP

u boys got in in 1 building S.A.W 21 boat for a MAC 21 got my own ideas and already drawn one up i wont it to be 24in long just would like to get other peoples ideas before i start building thanks boys

Hi Aaron,

I am not a rigger expert, but I have been known to overpower small hulls :D ;)

I built up a 24" Shovelnose hydro and stuck a OPS .21 in it, It was very fast but the problem was keeping it on the water long enough to get a good run.

My suggestion would be 28 in length.

Gene ;D

Latest posts

Back