Outboard Starters - What you do use?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

What is your favourite Outboard Starter?

I want one that has good durability. The graupner ones had served me well, but last one threw a wire on the armature, I have 'fixed' it but it is not healthy and requires replacement.

Oh and YES I did get the words wrong in the title, on purpose of course
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sullivan, with the speedmaster handle, coupled up to a 4s 5000 p spec battery. It will start everything from a .12 to a scale, or gas if you convert to a geezer wheel and a belt .

Hi Kris

My O/B starter has lasted many years and never fails , it also launchers and retrieves it's called a Tim D.

LOL she's a good starter that one Boom!

I'm running a Sullivan and it runs off a 4s lipo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris,

I have a sulivan dynatron on a Speedmaster handle. I have installed an extra push button on the other end of the handle. The starter can be used for in or outboard boats. I use two 12V gell cells and start everything on 24V.. the dynatron has more grunt then RPM.. 24V is the just the right amount of grunt and speed.

My buddy Big B has the same setup. Here you can see the button on both ends.. The red box holds the goods (the reasion for the red box is it has a lid.. if it starts raining or you have some dude starting next to you and is going to hose down your stuff, you can close the lid)..

Grim

My starter setup is similar to Grim's and Big B's. Ron Travis turned me on to the neat trick of adding another push button to the opposite end of the speedmaster handle for starting outboards easier.

I dont need another worn out starter Andrew
default_wink.png

Looks like I will try and get my Ken Retallic starter modified to accept a starter cone and add a new switch which makes it run backwards. 1 starter in the box would be good!!

Thanks guys

Dynatron just for the outboard, zzr 250 starter with 2 step pulley for inboards surefire starter, use 2 fingers for something different flicking the flywheel

Latest posts

Back