outboard Smack

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always better to be lucky than good. This year it was lucky to still be here.

Congrats for another great event,I know all too well the stress of running a big race.

The Kitty is waking up finally, and is on the hunt...

SOWEGA Hot Summer's Night is not far off....

Herb Stewart Challenge info coming soon.

Missed y'all.....

Premo

Well after a long three days of boat racing, the Atwell's just rolled in back home to Jax. I want to thank the Charleston club members helping at the race for yet another fun year at the Tunnel Champs.

Just wanted to send a special shoutout to Kevin "Smart Monkey" Lee for yet again playing the role of master mechanic, engine guru, and silencer for when my dad gets over the db level.

A big thanks also goes to Shane Adderley as I don't think we have a single boat that doesn't have a part that we haven't borrowed from you. Lol.

Jeff Whiddon at Horseshoe Head Marine also needs a shoutout for having some of the fastest tunnel boats to never finish a heat in the nation. Haha.
default_tongue.png
But for real though, his stuff is fast.

Talking about fast, I can't forget Ryan Pacheco who has THE baddest 40 tunnel I've ever seen, a Van's Racing Shaman with a beast of a Nova Rossi on the back of it. You've gotta put me in contact with your motor man. Oh wait.....
default_wink.png

I need to give thanks to Bob Kensill as well for hooking my 20 boat up with a few extra mph. Between Bob saying "Hey try this" and offering his expertise and parts box, and then Larry Kent hanging out for the weekend and giving me a crash course in prop work, without those guys my stuff wouldn't be nearly as fast as it is now.

The list goes on and on as do the stories but I'll leave those for others to tell. Bottom line is if you weren't there, you missed out. Although I do want to thank Randy Premo for not being in attendance as somebody else actually had a chance to win B tunnel this year. Haha. Jk buddy. We missed you man. Hope all is well and the docs give you the all clear here soon.

Thanks again everyone. Another year in the books. Atwell Racing over and out.
Never mess with a "Smart Monkey"
default_biggrin.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-BHxaI5iQ

Results are up...good to see some new blood at the top and the usuals showing they can get wins and top finishes in classes with 20+ boats.

especially the banana man with his sport 20 boat getting back up the front end!!!

what is everyone's excuses? I dont see anyone chatting here after a fun weekend of racing?

Results are up...good to see some new blood at the top and the usuals showing they can get wins and top finishes in classes with 20+ boats.

especially the banana man with his sport 20 boat getting back up the front end!!!

what is everyone's excuses? I dont see anyone chatting here after a fun weekend of racing?
Just realized Jimmie Shaver finished with a perfect score in D Tunnel. And Chuckie took a top 5 fueled with Shane's Bermudan rum. How did we let that happen?? You'd figure with the way my dad drives, he would've at least taken one of them out long before then. Not to mention Smart Monkey taking a 2nd in B tunnel with a SPORT boat.

Sawdust... epoxy... metal shavings... everywhere. Back to the drawing board. Herb race and Outboard Shootout here we come.

-Jr.

Wish I had been there. You work all year, test n tune n cuss n swear....

Then fifty weeks later, here we go again..

First weekend in August, find central Georgia, bring a outboard tunnel.

Miss the pond, **** it's too hot already.

Welcome to the dirty south y'all....

Back