Outboard Setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should really have this put in the downloads section - how about it Tom?

i think i had it..... but lost it..... blame microsoft not me!

operating system died!

All,

I have sent a copy for Tom to post on the site (after 3 tries) but it seems he lost it. Do you need another copy? You really need to use Linux! :p

IMHO, I'm surprised at how popular this has become. I NEED to thank everybody who contributed and hope it answers a lot of questions newbies (and sometimes, not so newbies) ask. :blink: For those of you who have asked recently, I'll get a copy to you by the end of the day.

Snowdog

Thanks very much for the doc. It is good source of information.

I have a question about setting the angle of the prop.

The tunnel hull sponsons are curved so that when the boat sits on the back the front of the hull is raised. therefore how do you set the angle of the prop?

Should we have a 0 degree angle on the prop shaft when we press on the back of the boat or should we have a 0 degree angle when the boat sits normally?

My Cg is at 33% from the transom. I noticed my tunnel seems to prefer a 0 degree angle when the boat sits normally, which means the shaft is at -1 degree when we press on the back of the boat.

please help me guys cause I am lost.

Thanks

Tony,

Perhaps I'm wrong here but it's my understanding that you measure with the boat sitting normally. If you get a different reading when you press on the back of the boat, then the last 11 inches of the sponsons aren't flat.

Imagine how the boat sits when it is running and that should give you a better idea of what to look for. Did you notice the picture I included with the document? That should explain (almost) all.

Snowdog

Dorkhedeos said:
Ummmm, i cant see any pictures, can you send me the pictures please? thanks :D
Dorkhedeos,

The picture is a .jpg file embedded in the document. You'll need to adjust your settings in Word to be able to see it. If you can't, let me know and I'll send you a copy of the image.

Also, Smokeyjoe & Gatt...You got mail!

Snowdog

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back