Outboard Forum Dead?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outboard is dead, if you look at the first 2 races of 2013. stock OPC only at WinternNats, no classes offered at RCWC. I find it amazing how everybody stops and watches the mods run when they fire up tho.Everyboby complains how hard they are to tune and keep right, but I don't spend 2 minutes pulling my arm off to make mine fire, 2 fingers and a igniter if the motors right. It has now become the plug-n-play world for many.

They are only scared by what they cant understand.Everybody helps everybody. Wait until the WTC template hits, last year was good, and this year I expect no less.

Shawn, Jeff C, Mic and Jay, let us know when and where, and its time to start tuning.Bill will be on water soon, Sarasota makes it easy for Mic and Jay, puts us same distance away from a neutral pond.

RP

We have a nice pond that we have been running at, you can run on either side if the wind becomes a problem. You tell me when you want to run.

Maybe we need to get an March-April outboard tune up race going at Brandon. I am sure the club can use some revenue. Andy.Bill,Shawn,Jeff's and anyone else up for it. Limit it to 6-7 tunnel classes and add nitro mono's. That will get Gene and Tommy's blood going. I bet we could even toss in some FE mono's? Have an open tunnel and open mono class? Tri-oval?

Mic
As long as work doesn't interfere I'm 100% IN - B)

I have SOOOO wanted to run my X-Mono on the Tri-oval :eek:

Dates are a ***** Mic - I have done a bit of homework on it-

The March issue becomes the Twin Shootout in Brandon the 23rd and 24th - that normally is a pretty big race that sells out.

Putting the race that month taxes the club and the help with two races in one month- IMHO .

April brings the Spring Nats- and frankly if the interest is there and guys are not going to that race- we can consider the first 2 weekends in April- the 20- and 21st are Palm beach and I would rather keep a min of 2 weeks between any dist race already established.

May - Well you boys know what that is- WTC + G/C 2 day dist race + a Sowega race .

June would be a good month - yet hot- but with only the Gas Nats and the Broward 2 day to offset- its a good month.

I have every intention of the dates for the Herb Stewart race being the last weekend of Oct as we did last year .

So lets hear it ????????????????

LeMans starts in Mod Vp & 20Mod and Stock ????

Andy

Andy,

I know scheduling becomes a real issue. As it stands if we ran April 6th it would be the least intrusive. The guys that run the outboards are generally not traveling to Atlanta as most outboard faithful wait till Charleston which April 6th would be a good tune up. If you are going to Atlanta a local no travel, minimal expense race the week before is a tune up. This date wouldn't affect the twin shoootout as again a different crowd that wont affect shootout entries. We all pitch in anyway to run an outboard event so no real club labor liability. Anyone else see any issues with the 6th? Just a one day club race that isn't trying to draw out of towners. We have a lot of guys who want to run their tunnels and add some mono's that need some love too.

Mic
Out of the question Mic. Andy and I will be in the Dominica Republic at the Hard Rock cause momma kick butt at work and won and all expense paid trip. The honeymoon we never got! You can't have him that weekend.
You two go have fun and the boating world will live. We do want him back in good working condition!

Congrats.

Mic

I hope we get some sort of race or test and tune day at Brandon. Sarasota would be easy for Jay and I to make also. We have an 8' dingy and electric trollling motor we carry in our trailer for a retrieve boat. We need to come up with a couple dates that fit for a group. As Randy stated the district races are not filling our needs. I like the Riverview club but with small boats we get blown out of racing there half the time. Most of the district is gas and gas oriented and that fits the majority. So we need to stay together and make our own destiny.

As for outboard racing and equipment I see more opportunity than ever. Even with the slow death of K&B other options are there. .21 & .45 nitro offer quite a few choices. We are just starting into the FE side and this is a simple adaptor to our lower units that offers performance beyound the designs of tunnels availiable. And that is why some of us like tunnels. They are like go carts with sprint car motors. Somewhat plug and play to get on the water but racing is a total setup and driving challenge.

Mic

Ta-ra-ra-boom-deee-ay,

my radio ships today.

My boat came yesterday,

big race one week away!

Ha-Ha! No race coming up, but it did rhyme!

:D

Back