Outboard Forum Dead?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

I know I have been away for most of the year but wow, the tunnel forum seems to have died. Too bad as I hung out here more that any other part of IW. What happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see ya back Bill ;)

It peaked out with the intro of the NR 45 outboard, Kinda quiet since.........

Gene

Thanks Gene, sometimes you just need to take a step back and think about things. Seems like alot of old-timers are MIA here. And I haven't heard from Timmy Dean in a bit either. I don't have anyone to play ping pong with anymore to jack up my post count! :)

PONG!

A new player! :lol:

My buddy Mr. Loeb!

As a side note, I see Premo is missing from here. I was supposed to meet up with him this weekend for some bartering of parts but he is MIA in real life as well. <_<

Most are busy building, working to pay new taxes, or if they live in FL they are fun racing! lol. Everyone else's boats are running sweet and need nothing. hehehe Beasley

Nobody's racing in Florida James. It's dead here. Winternats are around the corner but I'm not going. The three Tampa are clubs are less than 'active'. Brandon hasn't had a race since March.

it has been pretty dead. But its winter, and Im sure some are building. I have an ML tunnel to run this coming year. Looking forward to that.

You still running Lynx?

Obiwan, I said they are out "fun racing", my slang for running against your buddy for fun. What I would be doing if we had a place to run up here. See you at the WTCs. James

You'll have to come to the Tunnel Champs to see what I'm running. I'm sure that will be another topic of contention as well when everyone else finds out. :rolleyes: Politics have worn me to the point of exhaustion. Now it will be all for fun.

Wrong. Although it could be considered 'Taboo' with the company I've kept...

Im not a seasoned racer like most of yall but I aspire to be. But if it will help keep the outboard thread alive I will ask some questions.

Is there anything out there I could use to seal some small cracks Ive got on a aquacraft TS3 to keep from having to sand it down and apply glass and cloth such a small crack? I would like something as strong as fiberglass but easier to apply and sand. Also whats the best prop for a TS3 and VS1 tunnel running an OS .21?

If it is just a stress crack let it be. If it is mo big and lettting water in, rout it out just 1/8th wide and very shallow (don't cut through the hull), then fill it with thickend epoxy (West Systems would be best but doubt you have that if a newbie) Use a high quality 30 minute epoxy if no WS epoxy. Use masking tape to build up a barrier alla round the edge of the area to be repaired, carefully fill the routed area with the epoxy with a tooth pick, slowly to avoid build up and run out. Prop the boat up with old batteries so the area to be repaired is level with mothe rearth on the x and y axis (front to rear, side to side). Let it dry for a minimum of 12 hrs, 24 is better. You can make this same repair with white gel coat repair that comes ina kit, it is sold by your local boat sales dealer but it is expensive.

Back