Outboard Forum Dead?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what's going on around here Bill. I know Andy has been trying to get some things started but nobody has much of a interest anymore I guess.It seems like we have to go out of the state if we want to race, and I can't afford to do that. Mike Whitney is starting his own series, but it seems to be open classes only for nitro, I'm sure he would add classes if we all agree to show up. At this point it may be our only option. Jeff C. and I have been running down here in Sarasota from time to time, give me a call some time and we can get together and burn some fuel. Glad to see you're back at it, Shawn

I don't know what's going on around here Bill. I know Andy has been trying to get some things started but nobody has much of a interest anymore I guess.It seems like we have to go out of the state if we want to race, and I can't afford to do that. Mike Whitney is starting his own series, but it seems to be open classes only for nitro, I'm sure he would add classes if we all agree to show up. At this point it may be our only option. Jeff C. and I have been running down here in Sarasota from time to time, give me a call some time and we can get together and burn some fuel. Glad to see you're back at it, Shawn
Hello Shawn, I just picked up another 20 Vision on here, gonna outfit it for 20 Mod. Great riding hulls dude. James

If it is just a stress crack let it be. If it is mo big and lettting water in, rout it out just 1/8th wide and very shallow (don't cut through the hull), then fill it with thickend epoxy (West Systems would be best but doubt you have that if a newbie) Use a high quality 30 minute epoxy if no WS epoxy. Use masking tape to build up a barrier alla round the edge of the area to be repaired, carefully fill the routed area with the epoxy with a tooth pick, slowly to avoid build up and run out. Prop the boat up with old batteries so the area to be repaired is level with mothe rearth on the x and y axis (front to rear, side to side). Let it dry for a minimum of 12 hrs, 24 is better. You can make this same repair with white gel coat repair that comes ina kit, it is sold by your local boat sales dealer but it is expensive.
Thanks I will try the epoxy and yes the crack is thru the hull letting water in. The transom split after I ran over a friends boat...oops...anyway I repaired it using resin and cloth and it is holding fine but i didnt put the cloth where the transon meets the bulkhead so it cracked there later on after a bouy hit me....lol

I repaired it using resin and cloth and it is holding fine but i didnt put the cloth where the transon meets the bulkhead so it cracked there later on after a bouy hit me....lol
Don't cha hate it when they do that?! :lol:

Maybe we need to get an March-April outboard tune up race going at Brandon. I am sure the club can use some revenue. Andy.Bill,Shawn,Jeff's and anyone else up for it. Limit it to 6-7 tunnel classes and add nitro mono's. That will get Gene and Tommy's blood going. I bet we could even toss in some FE mono's? Have an open tunnel and open mono class? Tri-oval?

Mic

Bill Ping, and your new boat is a new old dumas hotshot,and your new race team is retro racing lol

Nobody's racing in Florida James. It's dead here. Winternats are around the corner but I'm not going. The three Tampa are clubs are less than 'active'. Brandon hasn't had a race since March.
How easily you forget the all Tunnel race in October that you had an invite to- you dont call that a race ?? Oh yeah , you went Premo :eek:

Randy has his reasons to lay low right now and when he is ready to share with ya he will Bro ;)

So - you wanna help fix it this year ??

Everyone I spoke to that was at our race said they wanted 2 dates ...........

Could use ya ..................

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking forward to seeing you again and noticed you dropped out of the Atlanta race. We have been running the crap out of boats at Brandon. Are you living back in central Fl?

I had made about 8 trips to the hosptial this year until October and then I found out that my house had black mold in it and it was making me sick. It had knocked me in the dirt for the most part of the year. Moved in Late Oct and have been feeling better ever since. Drs. say it will be a year or more before it is completely out of me. That's what working for home can get ya...

Back in the game and ready to race again.

Maybe we need to get an March-April outboard tune up race going at Brandon. I am sure the club can use some revenue. Andy.Bill,Shawn,Jeff's and anyone else up for it. Limit it to 6-7 tunnel classes and add nitro mono's. That will get Gene and Tommy's blood going. I bet we could even toss in some FE mono's? Have an open tunnel and open mono class? Tri-oval?

Mic
As long as work doesn't interfere I'm 100% IN - B)

I have SOOOO wanted to run my X-Mono on the Tri-oval :eek:

Dates are a ***** Mic - I have done a bit of homework on it-

The March issue becomes the Twin Shootout in Brandon the 23rd and 24th - that normally is a pretty big race that sells out.

Putting the race that month taxes the club and the help with two races in one month- IMHO .

April brings the Spring Nats- and frankly if the interest is there and guys are not going to that race- we can consider the first 2 weekends in April- the 20- and 21st are Palm beach and I would rather keep a min of 2 weeks between any dist race already established.

May - Well you boys know what that is- WTC + G/C 2 day dist race + a Sowega race .

June would be a good month - yet hot- but with only the Gas Nats and the Broward 2 day to offset- its a good month.

I have every intention of the dates for the Herb Stewart race being the last weekend of Oct as we did last year .

So lets hear it ????????????????

LeMans starts in Mod Vp & 20Mod and Stock ????

Andy

It's good to hear your doing well! I was worried about what had happened to you. I'll see you at the tunnel champs if I don't see you at Brandon.

Jeff

I WILL be at the Tunnel Champs. When I realized how close they were, momma would not let me do both...

WTC comes first. YOU kow that! B) Tell Draky-poo I said Hey!

Back