Outboard Forum Dead?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not do it at the end of Feb? If you get to close the the WTC no one is going to come down, you need to spread it out a little. Besides the weather will be nice here compared to up north. And if we are adding classes, why not 20 hydro. Alot of us tunnel guy's have them now. I know of at least 5 guy's in our area that have one.

Maybe we need to get an March-April outboard tune up race going at Brandon. I am sure the club can use some revenue. Andy.Bill,Shawn,Jeff's and anyone else up for it. Limit it to 6-7 tunnel classes and add nitro mono's. That will get Gene and Tommy's blood going. I bet we could even toss in some FE mono's? Have an open tunnel and open mono class? Tri-oval?

Mic
As long as work doesn't interfere I'm 100% IN - B)

I have SOOOO wanted to run my X-Mono on the Tri-oval :eek:

Dates are a ***** Mic - I have done a bit of homework on it-

The March issue becomes the Twin Shootout in Brandon the 23rd and 24th - that normally is a pretty big race that sells out.

Putting the race that month taxes the club and the help with two races in one month- IMHO .

April brings the Spring Nats- and frankly if the interest is there and guys are not going to that race- we can consider the first 2 weekends in April- the 20- and 21st are Palm beach and I would rather keep a min of 2 weeks between any dist race already established.

May - Well you boys know what that is- WTC + G/C 2 day dist race + a Sowega race .

June would be a good month - yet hot- but with only the Gas Nats and the Broward 2 day to offset- its a good month.

I have every intention of the dates for the Herb Stewart race being the last weekend of Oct as we did last year .

So lets hear it ????????????????

LeMans starts in Mod Vp & 20Mod and Stock ????

Andy

Andy,

I know scheduling becomes a real issue. As it stands if we ran April 6th it would be the least intrusive. The guys that run the outboards are generally not traveling to Atlanta as most outboard faithful wait till Charleston which April 6th would be a good tune up. If you are going to Atlanta a local no travel, minimal expense race the week before is a tune up. This date wouldn't affect the twin shoootout as again a different crowd that wont affect shootout entries. We all pitch in anyway to run an outboard event so no real club labor liability. Anyone else see any issues with the 6th? Just a one day club race that isn't trying to draw out of towners. We have a lot of guys who want to run their tunnels and add some mono's that need some love too.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
PONG!

A new player! :lol:

My buddy Mr. Loeb!

As a side note, I see Premo is missing from here. I was supposed to meet up with him this weekend for some bartering of parts but he is MIA in real life as well. <_<
Its amazing how life gets in the way like that. The world just keeps spinning, sometimes you can't find the on-ramp. Thanks for the sammich and the pep talk, Gave you enough stuff to stir up plenty of FL DRAMA come spring.

Bet you shaw that one coming didn't ya...........

we pick a date open, show up, write the heat sheets right there, make it up as we go. Spring WTC open test.

Maybe we need to get an March-April outboard tune up race going at Brandon. I am sure the club can use some revenue. Andy.Bill,Shawn,Jeff's and anyone else up for it. Limit it to 6-7 tunnel classes and add nitro mono's. That will get Gene and Tommy's blood going. I bet we could even toss in some FE mono's? Have an open tunnel and open mono class? Tri-oval?

Mic
As long as work doesn't interfere I'm 100% IN - B)

I have SOOOO wanted to run my X-Mono on the Tri-oval :eek:

Dates are a ***** Mic - I have done a bit of homework on it-

The March issue becomes the Twin Shootout in Brandon the 23rd and 24th - that normally is a pretty big race that sells out.

Putting the race that month taxes the club and the help with two races in one month- IMHO .

April brings the Spring Nats- and frankly if the interest is there and guys are not going to that race- we can consider the first 2 weekends in April- the 20- and 21st are Palm beach and I would rather keep a min of 2 weeks between any dist race already established.

May - Well you boys know what that is- WTC + G/C 2 day dist race + a Sowega race .

June would be a good month - yet hot- but with only the Gas Nats and the Broward 2 day to offset- its a good month.

I have every intention of the dates for the Herb Stewart race being the last weekend of Oct as we did last year .

So lets hear it ????????????????

LeMans starts in Mod Vp & 20Mod and Stock ????

Andy

Andy,

I know scheduling becomes a real issue. As it stands if we ran April 6th it would be the least intrusive. The guys that run the outboards are generally not traveling to Atlanta as most outboard faithful wait till Charleston which April 6th would be a good tune up. If you are going to Atlanta a local no travel, minimal expense race the week before is a tune up. This date wouldn't affect the twin shoootout as again a different crowd that wont affect shootout entries. We all pitch in anyway to run an outboard event so no real club labor liability. Anyone else see any issues with the 6th? Just a one day club race that isn't trying to draw out of towners. We have a lot of guys who want to run their tunnels and add some mono's that need some love too.

Mic
Out of the question Mic. Andy and I will be in the Dominica Republic at the Hard Rock cause momma kick butt at work and won and all expense paid trip. The honeymoon we never got! You can't have him that weekend.

As an outsider looking in what outboards are even available besides Thunder Tiger , and OS ? Imagine if conventional Nitro Hydro Racing only had 2 powerplants to choose from , it would be dead as well . Sounds like full scale Outboard racing , pretty dead .

Novarossi -CMB's can be converted by a man of your skills ;)

And just ask Robin- Kabooms too............ :rolleyes:

What size motor you talking Foley ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, the engine supply for Nitro in general is not much better. You have CMB as the big dog, and then a small number of barely hanging in theres (PICCO, Novarossi, A&A). We all have to face the fact that the marine aspect of RC Hobbies is just an add-on for all of the manufacturers because of the low density of boaters as compared to flying and vehicular RC. Marine RC is likely no more than 10% of their business, maybe less. This is driven by the complicating factor of needing access to a body of fresh water and the need for retrival capabilities. Grimm can chime in here and tell us the story from the Great Planes / HOBBICO point of view but I guess I'm close in my percentages. If I win the lottery there will be another Outboard option, J&B to replace K&B! lol

PONG!

A new player! :lol:

My buddy Mr. Loeb!

As a side note, I see Premo is missing from here. I was supposed to meet up with him this weekend for some bartering of parts but he is MIA in real life as well. <_<
Its amazing how life gets in the way like that. The world just keeps spinning, sometimes you can't find the on-ramp. Thanks for the sammich and the pep talk, Gave you enough stuff to stir up plenty of FL DRAMA come spring.

Bet you shaw that one coming didn't ya...........

I love it Premo!!! I'm just glad to see you are still kicking...lol. Get those boats ready. The WTC will be here before you know it........ :)

Tom, the engine supply for Nitro in general is not much better. You have CMB as the big dog, and then a small number of barely hanging in theres (PICCO, Novarossi, A&A). We all have to face the fact that the marine aspect of RC Hobbies is just an add-on for all of the manufacturers because of the low density of boaters as compared to flying and vehicular RC. Marine RC is likely no more than 10% of their business, maybe less. This is driven by the complicating factor of needing access to a body of fresh water and the need for retrival capabilities. Grimm can chime in here and tell us the story from the Great Planes / HOBBICO point of view but I guess I'm close in my percentages. If I win the lottery there will be another Outboard option, J&B to replace K&B! lol
RC boating is a tough market for sure.. If we could just sell RC boats in the quantitys that we do pine wood derby stuff we would be in good shape! lol

Back