ouch,,, sv 27 cracked hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

well my buddies sv 27 hull cracked right on the deck to hull joint,,, im thinkin it is a defective hull as i have had no issues with mine cracking like that.........i noticed the boat had quite a bit of water in it,,,,so i checked it over and what do you know,,,, there is a crack about 12" long right on the joint......boat is only 2 months old if that,,,,,1/2 gal. of fuel through it.....anyone have any suggestions????? maybe jerry dunlap or grimm could chime in here and give me some advice,,,,,, of course my buddy doesnt have the receipt,,, he lost it,,, so im kinda up in the air as to what to do,,,,, i know hobbico is gonna want to see a receipt and i dont blame them....but of course it is gone...... :lol: i could fix the hull,,, but i didnt want to touch it unless i really had to. anyone else seen this hull failure?????

alden

did he buy it online? if so the receipt will be i n the server from the communications of the sale. If he didnt buy it online, tear it down and and rebuilt time!

no he bought it at a hobby shop here in connecticut...i have no problem fixing it,,,or painting it,,,, but i figured before i touched it i would seek other options since it is new....

alden

no he bought it at a hobby shop here in connecticut...i have no problem fixing it,,,or painting it,,,, but i figured before i touched it i would seek other options since it is new....

alden
According to Tower, it is supposed to have a 90 day warranty...I would go back to the hobby shop he got it from and see if they would help him at all...maybe show them a canceled check, or old charge card slip to prove to the hobby shop he got it there...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

alden
According to Tower, it is supposed to have a 90 day warranty...I would go back to the hobby whop he got it at and see if they would help him at all...maybe show him a canceled check, or old charge card slip to prove to the hobby shop he got it there...

Sean
If I remember wright aquacraft will honor it too since it origanaily came from them. I remember from the envelope on my vegas box,had the warntie card and said 90 days.

alden
alden he could always buy mine...lol. i would just repair it .. and reason be.. you can make it stronger than before..so why not do it right andmake it tougher. and as you have already found out they can use some more weight in them..later dude.

term

Check the seam again.. its likely the paint and not the glass joint... The paint is just not flexible enough to withstand the seam flex.

Grim

Check the seam again.. its likely the paint and not the glass joint... The paint is just not flexible enough to withstand the seam flex.
Grim

grim i did check it and it does leak a little,,,,,anyway,,,im just gonna throw a layer of glass in it and paint it....kinda didnt want to do that since it is new,,,,but its all good....thanks guy's

alden

Back