OT Winter is almost over!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryConrad

Winter is almost over up here in Minnesota, we can see the deer moving around again.
tongue.gif

great picture...

here in Berlin-Germany we have almost every day snow since last xmas. Again last night 2 inches, not much........but....the end is there.

Ronald

Dont count your chickens big L..... spring only brings the helicopter mosquitoes up there...... now.... our deer are doin the backstroke down here, beat that..... the pic did make my day.... shovel it... Mike

larry, how did you get up my driveway to take that photo :huh: ??? same scene in my back pasture yesterday, only 5 deer total. they must be gettin' hungry, first ones i've seen out of the woods in about 10 days. they have figured out the horses are cool, now they jump the fence & help eat the hay. there goes my feed bill :lol: !!

larry, how did you get up my driveway to take that photo
huh.gif
??? same scene in my back pasture yesterday, only 5 deer total. they must be gettin' hungry, first ones i've seen out of the woods in about 10 days. they have figured out the horses are cool, now they jump the fence & help eat the hay. there goes my feed bill
laugh.gif
!!
One of my nieghbors when I lived up by Bemidji raised horses, and the deer would come right up and eat oats out of the trough with the horses. He could get the deer to eat out of his hand a lot of the time.

MMMMMMMMMM, grain fed deer !!!! they don't want to make that mistake around here ! i'm far enough away from the road & neighbors that hunting season really doesn't mean much, if you get my drift B) .

MMMMMMMMMM, grain fed deer !!!! they don't want to make that mistake around here ! i'm far enough away from the road & neighbors that hunting season really doesn't mean much, if you get my drift B) .

Im thinking that sounds A LOT like Snook fishing in the neighbors back yard B) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy

Im thinking that sounds A LOT like Snook fishing in the neighbors back yard B) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy
Andy,

Sorry to bust your bubble but due to the cold weather last month Snook season has been canceled.....

Walt Barney

the long guns in the gun case don't stay loaded for home protection, that's what the pistol in the nightstand is for...............if nothing, i AM opportunistic ;) :D !

Robin all you need here in CLT is a GAMO air gun right now Im workin on 3 inchs of snow and its still comin down Oh and we dont know what a snow plow is :huh:

Gavin

time to ride the mountain bike :ph34r: B) :p

booo I want more winter.. great for build time...if we had no cold,when do you have time to build or get boats ready to go?then spring you can do testing times to get your boats dialed in before race season starts..

We just got 12 inches of snow in Dallas, Texas (we had people who had never seen the stuff hiding on their porches). Highest measured snow ever! It didn't freeze our ponds though!

Last edited:
'Bout 5 more Mondays should do it..... the deer, well, they made it.....

Ranissa, you must be in endless winter in Ohio, because i never did see my sport 20 finished nor racing.........

Big L, no funny Iowa jokes.......

shovel, suck dust, and wait.... oh yeah....... I need a JOB....... Mike.

Ranissa, you must be in endless winter in Ohio, because i never did see my sport 20 finished nor racing.........

Nice picture Larry. I am trying to stay optimistic, but we have about 2 months before ice out. Maybe we should head south to Iowa in April and run boats with Mike Larson? Richard D

Richard.... you guys would be welcome..... and.... i will need a serious 21 hydro tuner......

Minnesota guys have to cross the border at night, though..... Larry, gets to sleep with the pug...

Surely something has to thaw soon..... every other day and snow.... thought i fell and hit Minnesota..... it's started, give it up Larry...... this iowa horse walks into a bar...... hey buddy! why the long face?...

anyway, it'd sure be fun..... we had slated to ice fish up there, and may yet.... stay warm, and shovel it....... Mike

Nice picture Larry. I am trying to stay optimistic, but we have about 2 months before ice out. Maybe we should head south to Iowa in April and run boats with Mike Larson? Richard D
Richard,

If we're gonna' head South to play with toy boats,we might as well do it up right...Call Nub.
biggrin.gif

Richard,

If we're gonna' head South to play with toy boats,we might as well do it up right...Call Nub.
biggrin.gif
Larry, that would be a great idea. Ocala FL , in March shoud be good for running boats. Richard D

Back