OT Winter is almost over!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few vids from the Suwannee River north of Fanning Springs to Rock Bluff near Bell fl from saturday ..about a 50 mile ride temps in mid 40 's to about 55 ..not too bad . You cover a lot of ground running 85 in 5 minute bursts , cruising at 60 ..lots of fun . Hate that you guys are having such a tough winter up north .....COLD !

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2mf1auv&s=6

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=23ixutf&s=6

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14cbj95&s=6

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14cbj95&s=6

River is 2- 1/2 ft below official flood stage now and still rising , flood stage means no wake , idle . :(

tom,

if you hate it some much, why do you show us pics like that <_< . i just got over 5" of snow, where it does'nt snow :( . i know, that is'nt snow don.

tim

tom,

if you hate it some much, why do you show us pics like that <_< . i just got over 5" of snow, where it does'nt snow :( . i know, that is'nt snow don.

tim
Just to get that spark of hope started in you Tim !! It may not look like it but we were cold !!! You can make fun of us when it's 95 in the shade !! :lol:

well it gets that hot here too, tom B) we get the best or worst of both worlds.

just wanna race boats, o'yeah, sowega.

tim

WOOOO HOOOO !!!! getting dug out today :D . finally get to see the rest of the world :p . bad part is i'll have to go back to work. still, a very good b-d present, imho.

Ok, Larry.... i'll call in the big guns, and get Wally an' Chris...... make us all look bad......

Tom, thanks for the taste..... if I just gotta, I find videos around and listen to the pipes wrap, and then.... I go open up a jug of nitro for a second...... close as we get.......

If, it'd just hint of thawing, instead of snowing every other day, and low temps, it'd surely bring people out of it....

Heed the flood stage reports man....... we're looking above average chances at a major one again, and while the city accomplished nothing preventative in two years, i'm pretty nervous for my friends that rebuilt.......

Glad to see East coasters getting through it..... I had thoughts of sending shovels, but most of mine are ground to nubs.......

Spring, dang it...... good luck men, i'm anxious to test........ Mike

Richard,

If we're gonna' head South to play with toy boats,we might as well do it up right...Call Nub.
biggrin.gif
Then you better bring LOTS of beer ............ and a carton of smokes too. Nub's been known to burn through a bunch after he's downed a few Buds. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are a few vids from the Suwannee River north of Fanning Springs to Rock Bluff near Bell fl from saturday ..about a 50 mile ride temps in mid 40 's to about 55 ..not too bad . You cover a lot of ground running 85 in 5 minute bursts , cruising at 60 ..lots of fun . Hate that you guys are having such a tough winter up north .....COLD !

http://tinypic.com/p...p?v=2mf1auv&s=6

http://tinypic.com/p...p?v=23ixutf&s=6

http://tinypic.com/p...p?v=14cbj95&s=6

http://tinypic.com/p...p?v=14cbj95&s=6

River is 2- 1/2 ft below official flood stage now and still rising , flood stage means no wake , idle .
sad.gif

Tom,

It's been a pretty mild Winter up this way so far, we've only had a few days of -20F temps, not weeks of them.
laugh.gif
...And less wind than we had all summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Bout 5 more Mondays should do it..... the deer, well, they made it.....

Ranissa, you must be in endless winter in Ohio, because i never did see my sport 20 finished nor racing.........

Big L, no funny Iowa jokes.......

shovel, suck dust, and wait.... oh yeah....... I need a JOB....... Mike.
Nice picture Larry. I am trying to stay optimistic, but we have about 2 months before ice out. Maybe we should head south to Iowa in April and run boats with Mike Larson? Richard D
Heck,

head just a tad farther south to Milan, bring Mike and the gang with ya!

'Bout 5 more Mondays should do it..... the deer, well, they made it.....

Ranissa, you must be in endless winter in Ohio, because i never did see my sport 20 finished nor racing.........

Big L, no funny Iowa jokes.......

shovel, suck dust, and wait.... oh yeah....... I need a JOB....... Mike.
Nice picture Larry. I am trying to stay optimistic, but we have about 2 months before ice out. Maybe we should head south to Iowa in April and run boats with Mike Larson? Richard D
Heck,

head just a tad farther south to Milan, bring Mike and the gang with ya!
i invited most of them already to the race season this year mark, i have a need to get that finished before the next meeting , there will be fun to be had for sure. we seem to have another gas tunnel in the area, that would make a heck of a open gas class ..larson and his titanic with kiddie floats..lol, my gas tunnel that will probably not be done till right at the beginning, and eric with his upsidedown outdrive, should be fun chasin bruce's whip ..i think im startin to get "gas".

tk

And to think I'm sitting here with soft water, highs in the 50s and no rain forcast for the next few days. It's just not fair to you guys that I have it so good :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
HJ..... go glue a stick........ because, thats what we do when we cant run boats. Then, we run boats...... granted you are the scale elite, of course, they are kinda made to start and set in the water..... maybe they scoot along a little.....

dont interpret wrong, for, boaters is boaters......

Terry.... the Eastern Iowa boys for the majority, have seriously shuffled the deck. It'll be up to a majority vote if we can come down...... I stupidly have gained a few boats that will need serious attention before they are heat ready, the sooner it gets liquid the better....... While I like excersise, rowing after the new additions aint gonna be my idea of a good day testing...... and they have, predicted, of course a better than moderate chance that CR will flood again this spring....... maybe Milan will fill accordingly.......

Gas rigger.... well, i still have to get a prop, and a tank..... I doubt, it'll hang with Bruce' whip....... we'll see.... it's patiently waiting..... if it doesnt show promise, i'll scrap it for the roadrunner I am working on.......

There's a ton of prototypes coming out of Slater racing....... 'coupla young boaters, too.......

First, comes cold, high water and debris season here...... i'm getting tired of waiting it out..... spring has come every year so far...... come on.......

Build boats, mine are done..... needajobcomeonspringwheresmyignitorheyyagotanygreasemike

HJ..... go glue a stick........ because, thats what we do when we cant run boats. Then, we run boats...... granted you are the scale elite, of course, they are kinda made to start and set in the water..... maybe they scoot along a little.....

dont interpret wrong, for, boaters is boaters......

Terry.... the Eastern Iowa boys for the majority, have seriously shuffled the deck. It'll be up to a majority vote if we can come down...... I stupidly have gained a few boats that will need serious attention before they are heat ready, the sooner it gets liquid the better....... While I like excersise, rowing after the new additions aint gonna be my idea of a good day testing...... and they have, predicted, of course a better than moderate chance that CR will flood again this spring....... maybe Milan will fill accordingly.......

Gas rigger.... well, i still have to get a prop, and a tank..... I doubt, it'll hang with Bruce' whip....... we'll see.... it's patiently waiting..... if it doesnt show promise, i'll scrap it for the roadrunner I am working on.......

There's a ton of prototypes coming out of Slater racing....... 'coupla young boaters, too.......

First, comes cold, high water and debris season here...... i'm getting tired of waiting it out..... spring has come every year so far...... come on.......

Build boats, mine are done..... needajobcomeonspringwheresmyignitorheyyagotanygreasemike
cool mike bring them new prototypes from slater racing to the pond and do some racing, i bet the new racers would have fun.. we have a couple ourselves this year..im making the schedule up so it conforms around me having trevor so he can partake as well..we will have classes here, so come down..for the prop i told ya man i have what you need. and a tank in a gas boat?? i have iv bags here for your taking..i just have to get admitted a couple times a year to get my supply..lol

tk

Back