OT NHRA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you folks would like to know this. NHRA reduced the race distance for Top Fuel and Funny Car to 1000' effective the next race (Denver). They are still investigating and I am sure there will be more.
Bill

Rick Head said it best.... they all wanna shut em down at the 660 !

Thought you folks would like to know this. NHRA reduced the race distance for Top Fuel and Funny Car to 1000' effective the next race (Denver). They are still investigating and I am sure there will be more.
Bill

I grew up in Lake Worth/West Palm Beach and have been to Moroso many times. Moroso race park is on 710 = BEE Line Hwy, and it is actually has a Jupitor address.

Bill

I grew up in Lake Worth/West Palm Beach and have been to Moroso many times. Moroso race park is on 710 = BEE Line Hwy, and it is actually has a Jupitor address.

Yup. Moroso is still probably the worst track in all of Florida. When i was still down there and we were running a stock suspension radial tire mustang, we had no problem making the extra haul to BMP, or even just to Immokalee or Sunshine.

As a fan and an old time TA/D racer I really have no problem with this 1000' thing.

I've raced at many strips including 1/8 mile tracks and some just don't cut it. If it's to help keep drivers safe, I'm all for it. I've lost too many friends in this sport and I've catapulted over the guard rail into the woods at the 1300' mark myself and it hurt, so, I applaud NHRA for recognizing the problem and doing something about it. It's just too bad we have to loose a life before it was recognized.

Heck, the worst track I've ever seen is a little 1/8 mile track in TN, called Music city. It has/had a chain across the top end with tires dangling on the chain. Just one row and if/when you get through, or under it, you have a nice big cliff waiting for you. My wonderful buddies hung a target off the tires for me to aim at during an exhibition run years ago. Funny guys!!.

Unfortunately, some tracks geography is a problem with no room for expansion. I'd rather see 1000' than no track at all.

Plus I'm bettin in no time at all, Alan Johnson will have Tony running 300 at the 1000' mark anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back