OS rebuild

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Was curious, checked pricing and **** near fell over............

BTW, when did Tower quit listing bearings?

I could'nt find em anywho,

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
BOCA..........great bearing choices and prices......

I got mine from Jon Thibideau (spelling?) tnrcboatracer on here. Fair prices and fast service. Buy high quality bearings for that engine or you may be rebuilding it again sooner than you would like. That 's from personal experience. And not a good one (or two) Also, consider replacing the stock rod with an OS Vspec Speed Rod. Your wallet will love you for it.

I'll make a note with tha info,

Thanks Guy's ;)

Gene

Do you guys use some type of oil on the wrist pin and crank journal when you reassemble before firing up?

Same with the bearings?

I hope this doesn't open a can of worms but I don't think WD40 will cut it for this application and nitro fuel is corrosive. I don't have quote after-run oil but I have a wide assortment of different viscosities and types around the shop; air tool oil, synthetic tranny fluid, etc.

I was thinking 0-20W synthetic, just a drop so it is not dry on the wrist pin and connecting rod / crank journal.

I am not sure what to use on the bearings?

I got some 0-20W on the piston and liner and had to clean it off because it jacked up the compression too much; I really didn't want it on there but got a thin film and wiped it off but had to follow up with WD-40.

Thanks, Harry

I use air tool oil.And this is what I use to pack way my engines for the winter also.

Dave Roach

Back