OPC anyone?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Andrew, what props will i require if i run a brushless motor (any/either of the ones you suggested)

and what about with the 700 motor?

what speeds are you getting with the Mega Mini on 8?

Thanks

Kris

Hi tunnel dudes.

ya know...i do think Kris is right.. the hot shot will likeky not run much over 45 with out becoming a real chalange to drive.. That is if the bottoms are built as they are in the kit.

Lets face it the hot shot is a 11 year old design and it has way to many limits.. This could also be true for FE..

Keep is up to date Dick.

Grim

Grim,

I also agree. The original idea for making the ultra light 3.5 Hot Shot was for the 700 motor which in the best of circomstances hit might hit 35.

There has been some talk of starting a Limited OPC class with the 700 SS1 motor. I had put the SS1 motor on a DPI tunnel and was dissapointed. That's when Mike Hughes jumped in and offered to build the super light Hot Shot. If I was smart I would have left the SS1 on it, but I couldn't stand it. Lets just say it's taken flight a few times. Still, it's fun to work with and I'd like to see what I can get out of it!

It may take a boat like yours without any rocker to take advantage of a Hacker Brushless!

Thanks,

Dick

Kris

the experience with the new motor seems to be up to x646 - but it depends on the runtime you want.

X642 will give about 5 minutes

Thanks Andrew!

But what about the ESC for the brushless? is it very hard to blow them in mainly sprt running? as in, i want to go fast, but i probably wont be pushing it to the edge.

Say i wanted a Lehner, which one do you think would give the best performance? i know soemone who is running a Lehner 2230 but what else is there that performs well on 12 cells? and a K&B lower will most likely be used...

Another question would be, what are the differences in performances betwee Hacker, Aveox and Lehner brushless motors?

Thanks for the info so far, again Andrew

Kris

Latest posts

Back