Old Dominion Model Boat Associaton

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Finch said:
I cancelled my two riggers and will be adding lsg hydro.  I have gone mad about gas.  That's where the action is headed, and that's where I want to be.  Gonna be some awesome gas and offshore racing!
111058[/snapback]

I cannot believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!! AND I have my glasses on. The venerable John Finch is benching his riggers for gassers. What will happen next???

chuck h said:
John, if you and Don would get cats this would be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
111064[/snapback]

I don't know about that. I had plenty of fun with Don's rigger. :lol:

John Finch said:
I cancelled my two riggers and will be adding lsg hydro.  I have gone mad about gas.  That's where the action is headed, and that's where I want to be.  Gonna be some awesome gas and offshore racing!
111058[/snapback]

Well that left a hole in E Hydro and we still need entrys in F Mono, Sport 40 and D Tunnel.

Come on Guys and Gals!! Get those Entrys in!!!!

Gonna be FUN!!! :D

Scott Norris

With exception to E Hydro the other classes have suffered for years. I bet you could write off D tunnel. To those that remember, "I TOLD YOU SO". Sports and scales do not make the appearance they once did either. Gas is taking over anyway. Basically no clean-up, no hassle of getting fuel, you can buy (2) Zens for what one modified glow costs, one boat runs multiple classes, they all run the same speed within reason, you only have to buy one prop, one pipe, ............... well, you get the point.

The gas and open classes are really stacking up. I can tell you guys that we do race 6,7, & 8 boat heats in Chesapeake. You will have to race. No give-me classes if possible. Also, offshore will not be what anybody expects. The current course will be changed directly before open water on Friday. I was thinking maybe a slalom. This should eliminate any "home boy" advantage.

I have changed my mind about the three boat minimum rule. Two boats make a race at regular club races and the same will stand at this race. Besides, trophies have already been arranged. ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you the New Spokesman and Public Relations Administrator for R/C Gas Boat Racing, Mr, Preston Hall!!!! Lets all give Mr. Hall a Big Round of Applause!!!! :p

Preston_Hall said:
chuck h said:
John, if you and Don would get cats this would be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
111064[/snapback]

I don't know about that. I had plenty of fun with Don's rigger. :lol:

111080[/snapback]

Keep flappin' P man, you're in for an eye opener, she's running rather well now. BTW- you still haven't added my name to LSG hydro. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston_Hall said:
I have changed my mind about the three boat minimum rule. Two boats make a race at regular club races and the same will stand at this race. Besides, trophies have already been arranged. ;)
111088[/snapback]

Sweet! With the stroke of your keyboard you made it possible for me to run my new Sport 40 AND enjoy the carnage of open offshore as a spectator (or pit man). Thank you!

piper_chuck said:
Preston_Hall said:
111088[/snapback]

Sweet! With the stroke of your keyboard you made it possible for me to run my new Sport 40 AND enjoy the carnage of open offshore as a spectator (or pit man). Thank you!

111123[/snapback]

I just got of the phone with Steve Berry & he overnighted his entry yesterday to Preston, sport 40, B & D tunnels. B)

John Knight said:
John Finch said:
111058[/snapback]

I cannot believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!! AND I have my glasses on. The venerable John Finch is benching his riggers for gassers. What will happen next???

111079[/snapback]

Don't worry, it's a phase Finch goes thru when it gets hot outside. :p

Keep flappin' P man, you're in for an eye opener, she's running rather well now. BTW- you still haven't added my name to LSG hydro. 
You ask, you shall receive. That goes for flappin' too. :p

35 contestants

111 boats

Well, we made 100. It is still down from the 150 average 5 years+ ago.

The gas and open classes are really stacking up. I can tell you guys that we do race 6,7, & 8 boat heats in Chesapeake. You will have to race. No give-me classes if possible. Also, offshore will not be what anybody expects. The current course will be changed directly before open water on Friday. I was thinking maybe a slalom. This should eliminate any "home boy" advantage.

Preston,

I think we should leave the offshore course how it is. I think that's called the HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!!! :p :p :p

See you Friday..

Mike

Come on let's not start the crying :( about the offshore, but if they are crying Preston just leave the coarse as is and home boys can be beat on there on coarse. :lol: See at the pond

Don Ferrette said:
John Knight said:
John Finch said:
111058[/snapback]

111079[/snapback]

111126[/snapback]

It could be a long phase. I like to hear the nitro engines sing, but I only do that at record trials. I always run low rpm for heat racing anyway. So.....like P said : Why buy glow plugs, expensive fuel, have a messy cleanup, have to set a needle valve, have to have a practice day to set up the boat, etc. Heat racing to me is not about seeing who is the fastest, but running side by side with a bunch of boats and diving in and out of traffic with rooster tails tearing up the pond. My new approach........ Heat racing = gas and racing. Record trials= nitro and all out speed.

John Finch said:
Don Ferrette said:
John Knight said:
John Finch said:
111058[/snapback]

111079[/snapback]

111126[/snapback]

It could be a long phase. I like to hear the nitro engines sing, but I only do that at record trials. I always run low rpm for heat racing anyway. So.....like P said : Why buy glow plugs, expensive fuel, have a messy cleanup, have to set a needle valve, have to have a practice day to set up the boat, etc. Heat racing to me is not about seeing who is the fastest, but running side by side with a bunch of boats and diving in and out of traffic with rooster tails tearing up the pond. My new approach........ Heat racing = gas and racing. Record trials= nitro and all out speed.

111382[/snapback]

So you'll be dropping off those unwanted 45 & 67 SGX's at my house right? :lol:

Don Ferrette said:
John Finch said:
Don Ferrette said:
John Knight said:
John Finch said:
111058[/snapback]

111079[/snapback]

111126[/snapback]

111382[/snapback]

So you'll be dropping off those unwanted 45 & 67 SGX's at my house right? :lol:

111391[/snapback]

Makes sense to me.......... :p

Mike Hemric said:
Come on let's not start the crying  :( about the offshore, but if they are crying Preston just leave the coarse as is and home boys can be beat on there on coarse.  :lol: See at the pond
111380[/snapback]

Mike,

One thing you must learn as club president is how to tell the cry babies where to go. :lol:

Kentley is almost in gear to race this weekend. I can tell you guys that if his F Seaducer is working then you have no chance. Before record trilas, where it ran 88mph, it was heat racing at 70mph. And if you think it had to be loose to do that then there is another lesson coming.

Preston_Hall said:
Mike Hemric said:
Come on let's not start the crying  :( about the offshore, but if they are crying Preston just leave the coarse as is and home boys can be beat on there on coarse.  :lol: See at the pond
111380[/snapback]

Mike,

One thing you must learn as club president is how to tell the cry babies where to go. :lol:

Kentley is almost in gear to race this weekend. I can tell you guys that if his F Seaducer is working then you have no chance. Before record trilas, where it ran 88mph, it was heat racing at 70mph. And if you think it had to be loose to do that then there is another lesson coming.

111428[/snapback]

Great!!! Can't wait to see that!!!

:D

Scott

Just a friendly reminder; if you don't have proof of IMPBA membership then you will have to join at the race. That's another $50, no exceptions!

Back