Old Dominion Model Boat Associaton

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep flappin' P man, you're in for an eye opener, she's running rather well now. BTW- you still haven't added my name to LSG hydro. 
Flap, Flap, Flap..............Scratch, Scratch, Scratch :lol:

Preston_Hall said:
Keep flappin' P man, you're in for an eye opener, she's running rather well now. BTW- you still haven't added my name to LSG hydro. 
111952[/snapback]

Yup, just choked down the last piece of crow & the boat is now on the workbench. Got to figure out how to make it more driveable before I stick it out there with my boating friends. Sure don't want any ex-friends due to an ill handling boat. :blink:

Don Ferrette said:
Preston_Hall said:
111952[/snapback]

Yup, just choked down the last piece of crow & the boat is now on the workbench. Got to figure out how to make it more driveable before I stick it out there with my boating friends. Sure don't want any ex-friends due to an ill handling boat. :blink:

111955[/snapback]

10. You have nothing else to do

9. There are no hurricanes in the forecast this year

8. It might not be so dang hot

7. We need more Sport 40, E Hydro, and tunnel entries

6. Your wife/girl friend could stay at the beach

5. Staying at the beach makes them happy, therefore........you know

4. If you don't have a wife or girl friend, there will be lots of pretty girls

3. and lots of strip clubs to see them in

2. and without saying you could get wood to take home

[SIZE=21pt]And the #1 reason to attend the ODMBA race:[/SIZE]

1. You can get Don Ferrette's autograph!

Plus you'll need to make sure that autograph is worth something :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't pick on you all weekend so I figured I'd catch up a little :p

Henrietta said:
Plus you'll need to make sure that autograph is worth something :lol:   :lol:   :lol: I didn't pick on you all weekend so I figured I'd catch up a little  :p

111962[/snapback]

This is true, you were too busy trying to keep your dad from completely freaking out. :D

Wish I had a camera to catch his facial expression after that first heat with his gas cat. A deer in the headlights had nothin' on Larry. :lol:

Don Ferrette said:
Henrietta said:
Plus you'll need to make sure that autograph is worth something :lol:   :lol:   :lol: I didn't pick on you all weekend so I figured I'd catch up a little  :p

111962[/snapback]

This is true, you were too busy trying to keep your dad from completely freaking out. :D

Wish I had a camera to catch his facial expression after that first heat with his gas cat. A deer in the headlights had nothin' on Larry. :lol:

111963[/snapback]

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Too bad the boat didn't survive the weekend even if my arm did get a little rest for round 4. At least we took plenty of pictures so he can remember what the boat looked like before the duct tape additions on Sunday!

Henrietta said:
Don Ferrette said:
Henrietta said:

111962[/snapback]

111963[/snapback]

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Too bad the boat didn't survive the weekend even if my arm did get a little rest for round 4. At least we took plenty of pictures so he can remember what the boat looked like before the duct tape additions on Sunday!

111965[/snapback]

I told your dad I'll take care of him on a replacement. If you want to make him feel better tell him his new hull will be cheaper than the damage to my twin in the last round. :(

[SIZE=14pt]Yeh dogs![/SIZE]

We threw down 4 rounds with at total of 84 heats and finished about 3:30 Sunday. Perfect weather Saturday. Sunday brought some humidity and light showers until about 3:00 when the heavy showers came. With only a few heats left we had to struggle through those but we were dry for the awards.

Gas was definitely the stuff. I have not seen 7 & 8 nitro boats in a heat, much less 2 split heats, for years now. The fat lady is singing boys.

Open offshore is obviously a new bird for practically everbody. If I were to post the scores you would see. Offshore does not compare to oval racing at all. Usually only 2 or 3 boats finished this course, however, it was not due to bouy hits or collisions. Do not ask me what happened, it is just very different.

I don't recall much going on in the nitro classes. I was most impressed by Tracy Dolphin. Usually the scale guys tip-toe around each other but I watched Tracy throw his through a 3 foot hole. If that was not enough, he took his twin, which is no slouch, and just hammered the bouys. Tracy definitely brought the race with him!

20 hydro was very disappointing since they were all top notch.

The Hi Points Award went to John Finch. Nice job John. [SIZE=8pt]You can thank me later for letting you go by those few times.[/SIZE] John also was the winner of the Sport Gas Hydro hull by Aeromarine. He's all gas now!

We held raffles for 2 Aeromarine hulls, 2 T-Mod mufflers, and a Butch Block. With only 36 contestants these donated prizes brought in about $400 for the ODMBA club. Thank You! to Remy @ Aeromarine, Mike Tyson @ T-Mod, and Butch "The Boat Man".

Preston_Hall said:
I don't recall much going on in the nitro classes. I was most impressed by Tracy Dolphin. Usually the scale guys tip-toe around each other but I watched Tracy throw his through a 3 foot hole.
111969[/snapback]

Considering how Tracy's scale is fairly well "race battered" he had no reason to "tiptoe". That boat has seen some rough blowovers this season, he had a bad one during practice just before the Springnats and a few more during the season. Tracy said he's going to make it pretty again this winter so you may not see that Miller goin' through those 3 foot holes anytime soon after that. ;)

Ray Sametz said:
Don, What crash. See you at Greenbrier work permiting. Ray B)   B)   B)
111977[/snapback]

Hopefully film of it will be posted. I missed it, but saw the replay.

Don Ferrette said:
Preston_Hall said:
I don't recall much going on in the nitro classes. I was most impressed by Tracy Dolphin. Usually the scale guys tip-toe around each other but I watched Tracy throw his through a 3 foot hole.
111969[/snapback]

Considering how Tracy's scale is fairly well "race battered" he had no reason to "tiptoe". That boat has seen some rough blowovers this season, he had a bad one during practice just before the Springnats and a few more during the season. Tracy said he's going to make it pretty again this winter so you may not see that Miller goin' through those 3 foot holes anytime soon after that. ;)

111979[/snapback]

No reason to take away from his performance either. After the way he handled a $2000+ twin I seriously doubt he was being reckless with his scale. Tracy definetly brought the race.

Preston_Hall said:
No reason to take away from his performance either.
111982[/snapback]

Nope not at all, rather towards your dig about scale drivers in general. :p

.....and nobody said anything about being reckless. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Im going to keep the horseshoe up my !#$!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got the Puddle Jumper to stay halfway in the water.....that is after we added about 5 pds worth of rocks in the bow! :p :p

~~Now I just need to put some mustard in the sport hydro so I can keep up with Finch!!!!

Other than that,another excellant Invitational! Hope everyone had as much fun as me!!

Mike

"What I was trying to convey is that it was a crowd pleaser. People got out of their chairs to watch the 8 boat heats. All big boats, easy to see, water flying everywhere!" :lol:

We had way too much fun. Thanks, everyone, for your generosity, hospitality and forebearance! And a big-old thank you to all the out-of-towners who came to race with us.

Larry's (Henrietta's Dad) cat boat will return for the next race. It's sitting in my shop right now waiting for me to get a burst of energy and open a can of resin. The other cat's nose went all the way in and broke the radio box. The whole right side's caved in. No big deal.

Mike Tyson

T-Mod Racing

I had a great time racing with you guys this weekend, Mike I just got finish taking my cat apart so I can repair my front end and that no big thing it's racing. See you in Slidell I hope!!

Just to explain the deer in the headlight look. I had been having problems with my Coke Cola Sprint Cat for sometime and had done a few mods to the bottom to try and help it, but it only got worse. With some expert advice from John, Don, and others I removed the Mods, and changed the things that had been suggested. John also supplied a prop that really lit it up. But before the first Open Cat heat I told my pit person ("Henrietta", (Christi) my daughter) I was going to lay back as I felt the field of boats we were up against were far superior to mine (I had no confidence in the boat yet). Somehow I was able to get the start (I really wasn't trying, I just got on the clock and in lane one and no one challanged it) at the start I maintained the lane around the first turn and took off. The pressure made me focus and ride the buoys well. I did this for the entire race and got across the finish line 30 or 40 feet in front of the second place boat. At least thats how I remember it, That is where that crazed look came from! My old heart got a rush that didn't settle down for hours.

A special thanks to all the ODMBA club members for their participation in the mechanics of the event. Things got done, and made the weekend fun for all. Even the break down went smooth even in the mud.

FatChanceLarry said:
Just to explain the deer in the headlight look.  I had been having problems with my Coke Cola Sprint Cat for sometime and had done a few mods to the bottom to try and help it, but it only got worse.  With some expert advice from John, Don, and others I removed the Mods, and changed the things that had been suggested. John also supplied a prop that really lit it up.  But before the first Open Cat heat I told my pit person ("Henrietta", (Christi) my daughter)  I was going to lay back as I felt the field of boats we were up against were far superior to mine (I had no confidence in the boat yet).  Somehow I was able to get the start (I really wasn't trying, I just got on the clock and in lane one and no one challanged it) at the start I maintained the lane around the first turn and took off.  The pressure made me focus and ride the buoys well. I did this for the entire race and got across the finish line 30 or 40 feet in front of the second place boat.  At least thats how I remember it, That is where that crazed look came from! My old heart got a rush that didn't settle down for hours.
A special thanks to all the ODMBA club members for their participation in the mechanics of the event. Things got done, and made the weekend fun for all. Even the break down went smooth even in the mud.

112042[/snapback]

Welcome to I/W Larry. It really was fun watching you run wire to wire in that heat with your eyes as big as a little kid on Christmas morning. :D

Latest posts

Back