Oilers???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

So, I'm messing with my first boat with an oiler in it.

I take it I no longer need to grease the shaft? Hmm...that sounded funny..

What are you guys pumping into the holding chamber? 30 weight?

Here in Florida, we are using a 50/50 mix of ATF and Lucas Heavy Duty oil stabilizer.

These things are great (oilers that is) no longer need to remove and grease flex shaft evry few runs.

Less restriction on the shaft ======== more RPM, Power, Speed

Rick

So, I'm messing with my first boat with an oiler in it.I take it I no longer need to grease the shaft? Hmm...that sounded funny..

What are you guys pumping into the holding chamber? 30 weight?
We developed DOC'S oilers several years ago. The concept is not original with us. Ours is a carbon fiber tank and it mounts on the side of the hull. We have been using ANY synthetic motor oil. If anyone is interseted in one give me a call 205-967-5712. We have them for 3/16 shaft and 1/4 inch shafts. $25. Gary

Does anyone Have a picture of this Oiler? I am in the middle of a sport hydro and might want to install on of these units.

Thank you, Hugh

That is the one on my boat, however it has a tube attached to it that goes to a 4" tank that is about the diameter of a pen. It is attached to one of the side rails. Who/where would those come from?

Back