Off topic a little

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
Jim Irwin, came to Evansville for the IMPBA Hall of Fame presentation and he was telling me some of the speeds they were reaching in Anderson, IN. Some of them were a 21 size going 178mph and Jim said they had a 67 go 202mph has anyone else heard or seen any results?

Bzubee ; Gaultiero Picco from Italy set top speed at the tether car nationals with a speed of 204.082 MPH, this was with a 10 cc engine. These cars do run in a circle, but not with a rope. They use a .078 piano wire app. 36 feet long. J. ODonnell

Bzubee ; Gaultiero Picco from Italy set top speed at the tether car nationals with a speed of 204.082 MPH, this was with a 10 cc engine. These cars do run in a circle, but not with a rope. They use a .078 piano wire app. 36 feet long. J. ODonnell
WOW!! That's kickin' for a 10cc motor!! Over 200mph in a 72 foot circle, that'll make ya dizzy watchin' it. :blink:

Hope that wire is strong ...... have any ever gotten loose at speed?? :ph34r:

I went on the web site and watched a video of them running unbelieveable. I thought the engine sound was neat when Andy Brown made his speed pass here at Huntsville, but the tether cars while running just sound like someone Humming or a bumble bee buzzing around your head. Something else oh and NO nitro just alky. COOOOL

Don ; I have only seen one cable brake in the last 18 years and it did destroy the car. These 10 cc cars running in the 200+ mph are in the 90 G range. The USA 10cc record is 206 MPH , Thats 5. 412 seconds for 8 laps. J.ODonnell

Latest posts

Back