ODMBA SCHEDULE??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's up to me we will have 10 races including the Invitational on August 26 & 27.

Mike,

I forwarded your info to the secretary. You should receive mailings. There aren't any now because nothing is happening till lake clean up in mid March and racing in April.

I personally think the schedule should be knocked down to 5 or 7. You would have far more participation and better competition. This would eliminate "burn out" and 1 and 2 boat heats. This could also attract out of town folks.

Kentley

I agree with the fewer races. I can tell already that there’s no way I can make every other weekend. I can definitely make it every third weekend.

Seems like a lot of the guys are traveling a considerable distance to our races….I’m sure they’ll appreciate fewer races too.

I'm sure there are others that are like-minded

KB

Last edited by a moderator:
K-ZAM said:
I personally think the schedule should be knocked down to 5 or 7. You would have far more participation and better competition. This would eliminate "burn out" and 1 and 2 boat heats. This could also attract out of town folks.
Kentley

85136[/snapback]

i second that motion

steve

I'll see you guys there.

do you think it's to apply some Pre-emergent on the bank?

I'll bring some for the the spring cleaning and spray it before we go

Last edited by a moderator:
izitbrokeyet? said:
do you think it's to apply some Pre-emergent on the bank?
88762[/snapback]

As long as it's not something like Round Up that kills everything. You need growth of low lying grasses & plants to keep the soil from erroding. :blink:

Nobody ever remembers trying fewer races. It happened and went back up. Like Don said, for year after year this has worked and ODMBA has maintained a respectable amount of members and boats. A lot of the weak classes aren't from poor attendance but from lack of actual boats. I don't know why the number is such a big deal when it boils down to a 2 boat race anyway. Also, not all 10 races must be attended. Only attend one if you want. After all, the trophies are usually shoved in a box somewhere to be forgotten. I have seen where some are and it is a waist of club funds.

It doesn't do any class any good when people flip flop on what they want to run during the season.

BTW it is the best 7 of 10 that count so there is the 7 races. You can even choose which 3 to miss.

The number of races doesnt matter to me......as long as we schedule them the days I have off so I can attend more than 4 races!!!! Also, Whatcha think about running a gas sport hydro class this year?? I beleive we will have enough to make up for our own class.......Just a suggestion!!

Mike :p

As long as everyone is allowed an opinion (a "vote" as it were), I say the more races the better. I've only missed two club races in 4 years and have never had to leave my boats in the van.

Back