NR Carb Locking Bolts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetpack

If you have good luck with your NovaRossi carb locks, I would like to try them in my engines but they are not NR's.

If anyone looking in can contribute the size they have as far as diameter and what size carb hole its machined for I can check my motors to see if they would work.

They look decent with the O-ring seals and the way there is a thru-bolt.

I am looking to get away from having to use sealers to be sure on mine, plus these seem like they would lock better as both sides are scalloped, and also don't want to cut grooves at the end of my carb necks for a final seal.

Thanks!

If you have good luck with your NovaRossi carb locks, I would like to try them in my engines but they are not NR's.

If anyone looking in can contribute the size they have as far as diameter and what size carb hole its machined for I can check my motors to see if they would work.

They look decent with the O-ring seals and the way there is a thru-bolt.

I am looking to get away from having to use sealers to be sure on mine, plus these seem like they would lock better as both sides are scalloped, and also don't want to cut grooves at the end of my carb necks for a final seal.

Thanks!
Jetpack, they are .235" and the hole is the same. I have a few in stock...they are kinda pricey at $8.

Glenn

Thanks Glen,

You're start at 6mm and mine leaves off at 5 so no luck this time.

Nice part though. You mentioned pricey but worth having I think. Two steps ahead of standard and can't see anything wrong other than maintaining the O-rings.

Walt that sure is a possibility, there seems enough material to do it but I'm not sure to trust freehand drilling plus possibly a bad surface finish and going oversize so I might leave this one lay for the time being.

Cutting the O-ring groove at the end of the carb neck might be what I'm after. The compression of the ring in that type of layout I trust more than just pressing down on the carb and tightening like it stands.

I'll have to study a bit more with the carbs and cases that I have to see if I can go that route and be all standard with it.

Some of my carbs are flaired out pretty good going into the intake of the engine and the wall thickness of those kind make me sweat it a little just by looking.

To cut an internal O ring groove inside the intake would be fantastic but very hard to set up and machine. I can see why it is not ever found.

Back