NR 5port head button

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

A few people have told me that they have made progress with a different head button for the NR 5p. Can you guys share this information or sell me a head button

Tony,

I would take Steve's advice and go with a new bronze

or brass head button. Pay attention to the bowl volume

And the plug depth.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Brass is the way to go from what I hear. But for an economical button, aluminum works just fine.... And yes, bowl volume, squish angle, and plug depth are all very important. As well as squish band width and head clearance.

oh getting so complicated,.. someone just make a perfect motor please!!!! and make it perfect for all applications!!!! (joking)

A quote from Glenn on another thread....

The additional info on my other motors:

- $215 T21M-5 Best bang for the buck!!! Runs great and has all the same Nova quality...don't let the price fool you. Shares many of the same parts as the more expensive motors.

- $265 T21M-7 Also a fantastic motor for the price!!! Has a little hight timing on both the intakes and exhaust. Some guys can see an increase in RPM over the 5 port motors, some guys don't see it.

- $340 T21M "hybrid" This is what I consider my best motor (not by much though). Has the Plus case, Super Comp crank, big exhaust P/S. Timing numbers are sinular to the others (intakes around 128, exhaust around 182). The big exhaust is much easier to mod than the other 3 exhaust motors.

- $395 35 Plus 21 14.5 mm crank with all of the high tech features. Has very high timing numbers on both the intakes and exhaust. Works GREAT for some guys, not so great on the boats that need the torque. If you have a light weight, easy to push boat and are looking for MAX RPM, this is the motor to have. I also have the car timed sleeves for these motors (timing around 130/180 like the others).

- $310 Toro Nero (now called the Bonito). This is a different motor than the others...it is a SUPER LONG STROKE motor and is easy to tell the difference! Has tons of torque (you can almost feel the torque in your throttle finger as you drive it!) I have found this motor to be VERY dependable and is ALWAYS the motor I recommend to guys looking for a fast, dependable boat to take a throphy home at the end of the weekend. May not be as fast as the "fast" guys, but is much easier to use. Out of the 50 or 60 runs I have made on mine I have never had to use the retreive boat! Likes bigger props than you normally run on a .21 boat.

Hope this helps!

Glenn

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_430874', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_430874', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '430874' }, parseInt('') );

the so called "hybrid" is pretty much the good old nova that they sold for many years.they did make the sleeve o.d. larger,and have eliminated the stupid o rings in the water jacket( still too much water volume),but it's my favorite 21 engine to date,and modded runs like stink

the so called "hybrid" is pretty much the good old nova that they sold for many years.they did make the sleeve o.d. larger,and have eliminated the stupid o rings in the water jacket( still too much water volume),but it's my favorite 21 engine to date,and modded runs like stink
"but it's my favorite 21 engine to date,and modded runs like stink"

Trying to figure out if "Stink" is a good thing? :blink: :D Does this mean the Hybrid is better "Not Modded" or does Stink Run Fast? I just bought a Hybrid P/L that I want to send you - but now :eek: Don't know?

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_438821', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_438821', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '438821' }, parseInt('') );

Last edited by a moderator:
Back