NR 46 Outboard Bearing Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to drill an oiling hole Ron? I like the idea like on the K&B ob. I have just been standing my hull on the sponson tips and leaning against something to let oil run into the top bearing once I have done the after run thing

Are you going to drill an oiling hole Ron? I like the idea like on the K&B ob. I have just been standing my hull on the sponson tips and leaning against something to let oil run into the top bearing once I have done the after run thing
Yes. I am going to duplicate what K&B did to make it easy to give that front bearing a shot of oil between runs and at the end of the day. Plus, I am switching to ceramics.
You talk to Carl yet about that THOR?.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ceramics require less lubrication and are non-corrosive, rated at higher speeds, and on and on. They are more expensive but worth it, especially in situations like this where you have a bearing starving for lubrication.

http://www.airknifedryingsystems.com/products/blowers/republic-centrifugal-blower/nsk-ceramic-ball-bearings/ceramic-vs-steel-speed.php

http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearings/231/14x254x6-Ceramic-Rear-MR25414C-bearings.html

http://www.active.com/cycling/Articles/Bearing_It_All__Ceramic_Bearings

I purchased a bearing extractor kit off of eBay. Glenn can probably get them for us. Coolest tool ever for removing and replacing bearings. The video shows removal but reversing the process will install them.... ;) You will only need to use the right "grab" for the bearing you are removing/inserting. My kit included the grabs for the 21 front and both 14 and 14.5mm rear, as well as the 46 front and rear!!! Heating the case with a heat gun will make the process much easier.

I purchased a bearing extractor kit off of eBay. Glenn can probably get them for us. Coolest tool ever for removing and replacing bearings. The video shows removal but reversing the process will install them.... ;) You will only need to use the right "grab" for the bearing you are removing/inserting. My kit included the grabs for the 21 front and both 14 and 14.5mm rear, as well as the 46 front and rear!!! Heating the case with a heat gun will make the process much easier.

Where can I get one of thse jewels?

John, I can get them for you.

GQ

Sorry for the delay

Small bearing is 22mm od 10mm id 6mm wide

Large bearing is 30.5mm od 16mm id 6.7mm wide

The sizes are marked on the outside of the bearings and I confirmed this with my calipers
Great Greg. Thanks so much for posting the sizes. Glenn has some ceramics coming from NR I am going to try as well.

Glenn,

If you will order me another one of these I would like to keep one in my trailer. I will need the kit, to include the grabs for the 12, 21, and 46 motors. Thanks.

Please do and let me know when to pay. Thanks.

Back