Novarossi T21-5M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjacobsen71

I'm just getting ready to start building a couple old Prather DV-31's mainly for sport running, and I am looking at the Novarossi T21-5M (or -3M or -7M) for power. Anyone here running these engines?...pricing look good and not sure the old Prathers would be up to the Keep's power (don't want to spend that much for sport running anyway). These will be old school boats with semi sub surface drives too.

Thanks.

Those original Prather deep-vee hulls run very nice. High-quality design and epoxy-glass construction. Sub-surface set-up yields great performance. Should run just fine using Nova Rossi power. Very fast. Only alteration I would consider is employing a conventional wedge-rudder instead of Prather-supplied stainless-fabricated design (otherwise Prather hardware kit is excellent).

Is this a brand-new Prather boat kit?

No, they're not new, but they are unbuilt, using all speedmaster hardware with square drive setups, not the original Prather hardware. I've had several of the Prather Vee and Tunnels over the years and have always really liked them! Pretty sure Hyperformace RC still makes most of the Prather hulls though.

Brett,

The 5M and 7M are the most popular 21 sport motors, although many guys such as Steve Woods and getting much more than "sport" performance out of these engines. Thanks for considering Novarossi....
default_wink.png

5M with a good set up will do all you need.. I ran a stock 5m in a rigger and ran 68-70 mph all day long in heat trim..

Thanks for the info, probably going this route but after the New Year...Ron, what thread are the cranks on these for couplers, planning on square drive and have a few of the K&B ones on hand, they are 1/4-28 thread. Thanks again for the info!! I actually have 2 of the 31's (one offshore style and one classic style), 2 of the 40" offshores and one 46" offshore......this is a darn sickness!!!

Brett,

All Novarossi engines are 1/4-28 thread as well. The K&B flex hex adapters work well as they will fit up into the flywheels on all engines gaining a few extra threads on the crank. Just visit the website or give me a shout when you are ready to order. Thanks.

I actually have 2 of the 31's (one offshore style and one classic style), 2 of the 40" offshores and one 46" offshore......this is a darn sickness!!!
yes, this is a "sickness"
default_smile.png

So how did you aquire those un-built Prather deep-vee hulls? Did you purchase them way back? Or you found them on eBay, etc.,...?

I recently sold my 27 year-old 40" Classic Deep-Vee. But I still own a brand-new (un-built) Prather Piranha that I'm constructing right now

They have all been eBay purchases except the 46 which I found on craigslist. Hyperformance RC I believe has all the prather molds and still produces hulls. I did buy a hatch cover for one of the 40" hulls from them and also the stepped radio boxes. Ron, thanks and I will be in touch after the first sometime.

Back