Novarossi of America

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, after many request I talked my good friend Duane Cox into building some of the popular Accucheck head clearance gauges that Bill McGraw developed years ago. The price is $40 (plus shipping) and I have 4 in stock.

Thanks,

Glenn

Friends, after many request I talked my good friend Duane Cox into building some of the popular Accucheck head clearance gauges that Bill McGraw developed years ago. The price is $40 (plus shipping) and I have 4 in stock.
Thanks,

Glenn
Sent payment through paypal. Thanks Glenn.

Mike

Glenn,Will these work on dished pistons?

-Buck-
Here's how to use one on a dished piston. Been using this gage on my MAC's for years.
Screw the gage into a head button and zero the gage on a flat pice of something (the side of some caliper jaws work well). Either remove the piston from the motor, or just pull the sleeve. Pus the head button onto the center of the piston. No you have the depth of the dish. You may need to move it around to find the max dish point. BTW, you may need to remove the slight nipple on the center of the piston, it is a remnant from the machining of the dish. If you do have to remove it, be careful not to actually cut deeper into the crown. I use a rubber abrasive point to do mine (Cratex). I serialize my motors and record the crown dish in a log book.

Latest posts

Back