Novak Brushless Motor Test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowebar

I talked to Ray Fuller the other day and he told me a guy in our club (Doug Filer) ran the new Novak Brushless system in his 6 cell rigger. At first with a x432 prop then a x632 prop. In both cases everything came back bearly warm. He also said that it looked as fast as any 6 cell rigger he had ever seen. Since my 6 cell rigger is about as fast as they get (and he's seen it plenty of times) I'd say the Novak setup must be pretty quick.

I can't wait to get to the lake and see if I can run him down! Right now I've still got my hands full with the twins, but Dad is gonna need a break quick!!!!

Dick

What is your 6 cell rigger setup Crowebar? I look forward to hearing about how the Novak setup does against yours. It seems like the Novak is seriously outclassed when it comes to power...at least on paper. I think it would be great if the Novak setup holds its own against the more powerful German gear.

Steve B

I run a Hacker B50 7S and x632 prop. It's a screaming setup. It was the first 6 cell to run sub 1 min for 5 laps and holds the record at 58 seconds. Sorry for the horn toot, but this is one of my favorites. It's faster then the Lehner but not by much. If the Novak can hang with the Hacker.....

Dick

Dick - Doug is making me look bad! The Novak system was getting torn apart yesterday on the RRR forum, I must've replied 20 times defending it based on the fact that it works perfectly for it's intended application - cars. I argued against using in boats because of the "Splash Poof" factor. Looks like it may be a decent 6 cell boat setup.

I've got one of the systems on hold at the LHS, but I'm keeping in my Tamiya F201 and 4 wheel buggy. My boats are as airtight as a vegetable strainer, so I don't wanna take a chance.

Brandon,

I talked to Doug today. Doug has always been on the leading edge with equipment in our club. While I'm wondering if something will work, he's already tried it!

Like anything there are hits and misses. As you pointed out, they are not water proof. But the price point is decent for a brushless system. He said his was around 235 bucks for motor and controller. He also told me that the unit at this time was only sold as a combo. I hope that changes.

Not sure how the efficiency will stand up against the other BL's right now. Doug said there was cogging when he turned his motor over by hand which leads me to believe it may have some kind of iron stacks that the wire is wrapped around. If this is the case, the Hackers or Lehners or eqivilant motors may have the edge. Time will tell.

I hope to go head to head with him the first weekend of April. We'll know then!

Dick

Welcome Brendon

We try to maintain an open mind here and , I hope that we have no axes to grind or openly negative pre-conceived ideas.

As far as motors, ESC's and any other form of hardware, hulls, etc. is concerned, I say, "the more the merrier". The marketplace will be the true test of success, not "knee-jerk opinions".

Latest posts

Back