Nova 46 DD What Plug To Use

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vision race boats

I need to order some glow plugs for my Nova 46DD and i was wondering what plug everyone has had the best luck with, i have been running the Nova C6tf plugs i got from Glenn with good luck but i have been looking at maybe the Odonnell plugs. Thanks for the help.

I would suggest the O'Donnell 97T. They are awesome. I didn't use any additional plugs at the most recent race. Just 1 plug. In testing, I ususally don't burn any plugs either. With the hotter plugs, I occasionally burn plugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use OD 277T
default_cool.png

Thanks for everyone's help, what do you think of the O Donnell 289T V2 plug, it is a Med heat range in the newer V2 plug. Thanks again.

The 97T is a Med heat range and the 277T is a hot heat range plug, Glenn told me at one time the engine seems to like hotter plugs. I am thinking i may get a few of both heat ranges and test them.

Rich you are correct...run the HOTTEST PLUG YOU CAN. O'd's work for a lot of people,I run Mc 59's. I have a lot of fuel flowing thru my CMB engines and the Mc59 works best for me. Aaron is the NR man...he posted what he would use SO I would try and make that work first. Hope to see you guy's in March at Brandon's race.

I have a lot of guys using the C6TF- Hot Conica Turbo Plug with great success. I too agree the Nova's love hot plugs.

conica-turbo.png

Thanks for all the input, i am going to try a couple of different number plugs and see how they work. Hi Stan, yes we will be at the Brandon race in March, see you then. Thanks again.

Are you guys running the regular water flow head or the restricted head . Have seen a difference in what plus that I run.

OD-77T

Or the newer version 277T

The 50/50 287 is really neat as well

Enjoy Testing Them All,

Mark Sholund

Rene,

Let me know how it runs?

Nice coming home to a surprise once in awhile?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

David,

OD-77T all the way. Tested a Nova Rossi 35+ with an old Irwin S-pipe.

The Nova Rossi engines like hotter plugs to burn the fuel

and give you better performance. I tried the nova 5's and 6's,

but I think the 77T's have them beat for sure.

I did a plug test last night at the lake wiith the following plugs:

OD-287 Special 50/50

OD-77T

OD-97T

NR-5

NR-6

It was an interesting night on the lake, they all ran quite well, but the 50/50 and the 77T were

the fastest on the Stalker Pro. They were tested with the same H-7 propeller with almost

the same flow on the old school and Boris flow meters. Air Density was 100 and the lake is at

910 feet above sea level with trees sounding the whole lake.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Back