***NOTICE*** District 3 Gulf Coast RC Boat Club ***Race Date Change***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Whitney

I was just informed today that the lake owner Chris will be getting married on our original race date December 10-11 and he is holding the ceremony and reception on the property...Congratulations to Chris & Tina !!!

With that being the case we have decided to change the race date to December 3 & 4, rather than cancel the race and the year end Dist. 3 meeting.

So we are asking for everyone to get the word out and get those entries in early, we will only accept payment by Paypal or credit card because of this.

So here's the deal...if we can get a minimum of 75 boats entered by November 30...we will hold the race...if not...we will cancel the race.

Sorry for the late notice, but I just found this out today.

GET THOSE ENTRIES IN AND LET'S HAVE A GREAT YEAR END RACE !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it doesn't look like this race is going to happen....would everybody prefer the weekend of December 17-18 ?

If so let me know and I will move the date.....I am really surprised at the lack of support here. :angry:

Mike,its not lack of support,I have been to a couple of races in you area this year.I know we did not have much out of towners at our race here in Miami and it was only two weeks ago.my case is december is time for my wife and kids.And my extra moneys goes towards gifts and holiday supplies.

The 17th 18th is worse 7 days before christmas, do a race in Feb. to make up for this one Robert Pickard

The 17th 18th is worse 7 days before christmas, do a race in Feb. to make up for this one Robert Pickard

The problem is that Mike wants it to be a points race for this year not next year. I see his point.

Mike I have asked that the points for the Miami race be posted so I can see whether its worth coming or not. I have not gotten a response yet.

I think as a District we need to put more thought into the race dates and months they are held...I also believe we need to go back to the format the District has had for years....1 race up North, the next down South...etc. I also think only having 9 races and eliminating any racing in July, August and December would be a good idea also. If you look at the 2012 calendar...the ideal dates to have the District 3 races on would be the last weekend of every month...no conflicting holidays.

We did the nine races in the District when Ron was director and we had some large races. I am all for going back to nine races and going back to one race north and one race south back and forth that way. Robert Pickard

That said Mike , it also would be a great idea for the 3 local clubs to take a strong look at the dates chosen for the WCRA series (together) and find dates the best they can that dont conflict with the Dist races and the larger events that can shrink the WCRA turnout. Its not always gonna work, but certainly wouldnt hurt.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy since the District races are the bigger races and for District points maybe the WCRA races should work around the District races, no disrespect to them. Robert Pickard

Andy since the District races are the bigger races and for District points maybe the WCRA races should work around the District races, no disrespect to them. Robert Pickard
I totally agree , I was thinking once the dist schedule is set- which has been the norm. ;)

Andy

That said Mike , it also would be a great idea for the 3 local clubs to take a strong look at the dates chosen for the WCRA series (together) and find dates the best they can that dont conflict with the Dist races and the larger events that can shrink the WCRA turnout. Its not always gonna work, but certainly wouldnt hurt.

Andy
That is already in the works.....

I think as a District we need to put more thought into the race dates and months they are held...I also believe we need to go back to the format the District has had for years....1 race up North, the next down South...etc. I also think only having 9 races and eliminating any racing in July, August and December would be a good idea also. If you look at the 2012 calendar...the ideal dates to have the District 3 races on would be the last weekend of every month...no conflicting holidays.
That would be ideal. but have bin having trouble with that scenario for the last few years.

I was all for the 11 races when it was voted on but in reality it is too much.

Fewer races would help with turn out.

David

David we did have large turn outs with the nine month races makes more people to come out if they are chasing points Robert Pickard

FYI...Distric 3 guys dont forget to renew your 2012 namba membership especially if your racing at the winternats...

Back