NORTHERN LIGHTS OPEN - JULY 7&8

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Terry,

Is there a deadline for entry? I am still trying to get my ducks in a row. Things are changing daily for me between work and the wife... (long story)

Later,

Ball
You could just come Saturday morning but it'd be easier for us if you registered at http://www.rcracinge.../browseraces.pl by Thurs. night.

Sure hope you can make it, gonna be a goodun'! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the ticket girls going to Ottawa, this season? I know Luc is a magnet for the ladies
They went right to him last year, I'm keeping an eye on him in the background though! ;)

Luc_and_the_girls.jpg

The only thing I can add to all the hype is....the NLMBC are great people and I am proud to be a member.

Hey guys it's not me women can smell an unmaried man 2 milles away :ph34r: :wub:

see you all at the races good times are just a comming cant wait

Luc W.

137 boats and still another week's worth the entries to come in. Looking good guys! Even got Bob Morton coming up from PA. Looking forward to seeing you again Buddy. Is it July 7th yet? Lol

Ron

137 boats and still another week's worth the entries to come in. Looking good guys! Even got Bob Morton coming up from PA. Looking forward to seeing you again Buddy. Is it July 7th yet? Lol

Ron
(^¿^) (^¿^) (*¿*)

We now have a full heat in the Novice class , this is really encouraging to see .

These kids are the future of our hobby and I'm proud to say the NLMBC offers free racing at our event for anyone 17 and under , would love to see more clubs offer this.

Tim

Looks like a great event shaping up with 6 & 7 boat heats in many classes.

Long range weather's lookin' good too with some much needed cooling off in store. :)

Trying to get all the entries in before I leave tomorrow morning, so if you're coming please enter now at http://www.rcracinge.../browseraces.pl, send an e-mail to [email protected] or even call.

The Oneida Cup is awarded to the contestant with the highest score with two boats, Pete Forcier won it in 2010, Steve Peterson last year, wonder who's name will be on it this year? :rolleyes:

Oneida_Cup_026.jpg

My good friend Bob Steiner placed 2nd in LSG mono!! B) Congrats Bob!!

Are the full results posted anywhere?

Thanks.

Very proud of the NLMBC for putting on such a great event , we are very fortunate to have such an amazing group of people.

Awesome race can't wait to do it again next year.

Tim

What a great race site,boy did they have a ton of great prizes. The club members worked very hard to put on a great race.

(^¿^) (*¿*)

Bob Morton

Thanks to All NLMBC Members - what a great race you guys put on - you made it fun for us and made it look effortless. Our highlights - lots of good competitive racing, getting together with old friends and meeting new ones; great raffle prices; the novice racers and how everyone made them feel special; excellent race site, large pond; everyone being cheerful with little or no racing issues/arguments, despite the very HOT and humid weather. We definatley will be back next year and encourage all within reasonable distance to attend also.

Tom & Cindy Driver

What a great weekend, I'm very proud of our Northern Lights MBC members for working their tails off in some record heat to host the largest event in our ten year history.

Watch for a full article in the September IMPBA Roostertail.

Here's a few photos from the weekend, more here:

NL Open 2012

Thunderboat Concours d'Elegance, winner Amsoil of D1 Director Luc White:

DSCN0619.JPG

1/8th Scale Concours D'Elegance, winner Circus Circus of Mark Owens:

DSCN0629.JPG

Our Raffle Girlz made an appearance Saturday, thank you ladies!

DSCN0634.JPG

Nice trophies:

DSCN0640.JPG

Our Novice's, future of our sport!

DSCN0687.JPG

Seven year old Nina Paganelli got her first trophy:

DSCN0688.JPG

Young Hope Morley's first trophy:

DSCN0693.JPG

Oneida Cup winner for 2012, "Smart" Dale Brobst:

DSCN0702.JPG

Again, a huge thank you to all our sponsors who were very generous this year, please be sure to support those that support us!

Boca Bearings

Hobby Hobby (Tom Bakonyi)

Hallam Marine Hobby (Mike Hallam)

Mercury Marine Canada (Tom MacNair)

Virginia Craftsman (Dick Tyndall)

Shanktech (Don Shanks)

Tanks-2-U (Walt Barney)

Gas R/C Products (Vince Amore)

Acu-Tech R/C Hardware

Speedmaster Model Products

Modelgasboats.com (Marc Levac)

Dewalt Tools

Hobby Soulanges (Sebastien Caron)

Nova Rossi of America (Glen Quarles)

Phil Thomas Hydros (Phil Thomas)

Lawless Drives (Fred Howe)

CMB/Crapshooter Boats (Stu Barr)

Jersey Modeler (Dean Kraus)

Prestwich Model Boats (Dave Marles)

Zippkits (Joe Petro)

JE RC Products (Tim Jones)

Engine Analysis Sofware (Marty Davis)

Rickett Benckiser

Dasboata (Chris Hoffmann)

Aquacraft Models

Suicidal Engines (Mike Ross)

Magoo R/C (Mike Menter)

Skycraft Hobbies

Aeromarine Laminates (Remy Haynes)

By far he biggest thrill for me is seeing all the kids getting involved in a hobby that offers so much.

Awesome to see all the smiling faces.

Tim

The girls that got there first trophy's sure got cooled off with some cold water. :ph34r:

Watch out for buckets around trophy tables....................

Too bad we tell them after...... ;)

Back