No More Broadcasts for Me Time. . .Please Read!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprfrk440

Kerri and I have decided not to continue with Me Time Live RC this year. It was really hard to make the final decision, but it has been made.

We want to thank each and every person and/or business that supported us for the last 5 years. With everyones support and donations we have been able to last this long, but just cannot continue for various reasons. Most is due to lack of funds. The economy has hit hard and we are not able to secure the funds to continue another year. Putting more money in is just something I cannot do anymore.

I dont want any one person or anyone for that matter to think that your support was not enough or I should have sponsored something. We almost stopped broadcasting after 2009 for the same reasons but wanted to give it all we could give it for one more year. We did 8 races in 2010, and although we did not really make any money, we made expenses and was enough to continue into the 2011 season. Thru this past year has been a struggle to meet expenses

for the events we covered. We were never out to make a million, (most of you know where our passion is for this hobby), but it does have to pay for it self and I just don't see it doing that this upcoming year. Maybe somehwere down the road we can start this back up, but for now we just cannot continue this side of Me Time.

We have met alot of new friends and alot of lifetime friendships where made. We will always be a part of this great hobby and continue to race, hopefully more, and build on the friendships made thru our 5 years in this hobby.

The final decision has not been made yet as far as the website goes. It is possible that it will stay the same just no broadcasting and also possible that it will be takin down. As of right now it cost $100 per month to keep it up and running. If I get rid of the broadcasting capabilities I think it can go down as low as $25, so not sure as of today

what will happen to the website.

We look forward to actually getting to race a little this year and seeing everyone and just hanging out.

Sincerely,

Doug & Kerri

Thanks for what you have done I enjoyed. watching the races !!! Go enjoy some racing behind the radio now!!!!

Very sad to hear this as you guys have been my eyes and ears for the races that I cannot make or have had an interest in... Great job with everything you have done in the past.... ...we will all miss everything you do for the hobby.............. -Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to hear. I will expecially miss MeTime during Winter Nats. I had a blast watching the action and chatting with friends last January. It was the RC boating fix I needed during the coldest days of winter.

You guys did a great job!!

Well shoot I guess that meens I am out of a camera man job lol. Poor Mud Bug will be heart broken he won;t be able to run his trap live across the world lol. Hey take a break enjoy racing and who know maybe this crazy world will straighten it self out and yaw can crank it all back up again. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the hard work and wonderful job you two did for this great hobby of ours.

C YA Later Gator

Thanks guys , it wont be the same without you but times are tight . If I do win Powerball tonight , you will be in a Prevost set up to your specs !!! :D

Doug, Kerri and the rest of the METime Crew I as a model boater and past IMPBA President really appreciate all you have done and sacraficed to promote model boating all over the world. Proabably one of the best efforts ever accomplished to promote model boating and the racing aspects of this hobby. Thank you very much and I hope to still see you at the races. At least you'll have more time to enjoy the racing.

Doug and Kerri,

It is unfortunate that this has to happen but is completely understandable. Thanks for all the dedication over the last few years. I truly think that your broadcasts and archived footage has in a small way helped boost the boating community.

The good news is now you get to race around the pond.

See y’all at the races!

Three Cheers to the Me Time gang! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!

Man I had a blast helping when I could!.. Doug and Kerry and the kids are some of the best people you will find. BAR NONE!

Hip-Hip!

Doug, Kerri, & Son,

Your effort & sacrifice have been greatly appreciated. I'll see you all at the races.

Jim Allen

Sorry to hear! But thank you for doing all that you guys did for this hobby!! Take some time for yourselves and relax. Thanks again guys!!!

While this is depressing news for sure we owe a great amount of gratitude to you guys for all you've done. Thanks also for all the great pics at the races, maybe someday just doing pics for sale might be a more viable option that might even make you guys a small profit. :)

i wish theres something we could do but completely understood, you guys were the eyes and ears of our little world...you brought our hobby together like one big family...im still in shock..We really appreciate all that you guys did for us..hope youll reconsider one day in the near future

Me Time,

Thanks for all that you have done for the hobby.

We have all enjoyed your work. Have fun racing!

Get that Crapshooter ready to rock.

Mark Sholund

A big thanks goes out to Doug & Kerri. We will miss you guys at the races. Wish you the best. KEN

We really appreciate all the kind thoughts and words of encouragement, just shows you what a great bunch of people are in this hobby. I really hope we did some good for the hobby, I personally talked to a few new people that called me up and asked about racing, so that;s good.

My plan for the website is to post all archive vids on youtube and link them to the site and close down the broadcasting side of it. The broadcasting server is what the main cost is, and we have a couple other websites with our webmaster Terence. he has become a great friend thru this journey and will stay on with him to support his efforts in the webmaster world. Thanks Tom and Marty for the offer, but would feel bad if I yanked everything from Terence, he has really been there for us on the web sitde of things since we started the live feeds, which was possible because of Terence.

Please dont worry aboutus dropping off the face of the earth and never seeing us again. After Kerri andI made the final decision I looked at her and said,"You do understand that I will never quit racing and plan to go to Internats, Fall Nats, Hobart, and some District races, you do know that right?".She said,"You better keep racing, i got too many friends out there to just stop". so we will be racing, I Bet money on that one, To good of a hobby and way too many good friends to not keep on racng. I LOVE THIS HOBBY AND ALWAYS WILL ! ! !

You never know, we might be back in full force before you know it, but a lot has to change for that to happen. Thanks again for all the encouragement thru the years and it will never be forgotten.

Grim, thanks for all the help thru the years. I remember when we first got to the 07 Internats and set up way down on the opposite side of the drivers, you came over and really started helping us from that point until now, thank you so much for the talks and guidance from the great Grimracer, Rock on dude . . .

Doug

Back