No hydroProp in Evansville IN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve P

I just heard on the local news here in Evansville IN. that HydroProp will not be involved in the race and the local race committie has been in contact with the unlimited teams and belive they will have 7 to 8 boats. They had also had Ed Copper on, he said he will be running in Evansville. Is this the beginnig of the end for HydroProp? ;) :blink:

What boat racing needs and has really always needed is a governing body like NASCAR. Unlimited hydros and F1 tunnels have always struggled with race sites, promotion, long term rules (rules that don't get changed every week), the richest team owners and engine manufacturers controlling the show and so on and so on. Someone in the mix always wants to get rich and famous and the result has always been a short lived group that ends up hurting the sport. In the last 20 years F1 tunnel racing in the U.S. has been controlled by the N.P.A., the I.O.G.P., the P.R.O.P. Tour, Hydro Prop and Champ Boat. And now I heard the other day that the founders of Champ have slpit up. When is lifesize boat racing going to get its house in order?? I always thought it was cool how the town of Madison used to own the Miss Madison. Can you imagine a series with as many boats as NFL teams? And the Gold Cup would be the Superbowl!!

Ok it's fun to dream :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Goto www.14wfie.com and look under their featured videos to see the Newscast . Hopefully the other race sites wil get their act together and fallow Evansville's lead.

Back